“happy dining”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I visited this restaurant for the first time, what a find in bowness 3 courses at a very good price was beautifully flavoured and a good portion lovely, the staff were welcoming and gave great service a very enjoyable evening.. It was a taxi driver who recommened it. He also gave us good service

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I visited with this lovely restaurant with my family to celebrate a 50th birthday. The food was delicious and the 3 course meal was reasonably priced. Would defiantly recommend.

1  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

What a nice find.. great service and exceptional food. We found this by chance and I have to say it's the best restaurant we tried in Windermere. Nice cosy setting. The food was superb. We had three courses and they were all lovely. Nice portions and we left feeling like we had a great fulfilling meal. Definitely recommended

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I ate here with my Fiancée when staying in Bowness for a few days. We walked in from the street and booked a table for the Friday night (a couple of days in advance) to ensure we were not disappointed. This was the only “extravagant” meal of our stay, however, as we ate on the pre-7pm offer it was only £17.95 for three courses. This made the price comparable to the other meals that we had which were of a far lower standard. For three courses each and a couple of drinks each the bill came to around £45... excellent value.

We ate at 6.30pm, and we were shown to a table in the section to the right-hand-side on entrance to the restaurant. There were diners on each of the 7 or so tables in this section which was nice as we were eating earlier in the evening. This created a pleasant atmosphere and a bit of ambiance. The tables were neatly laid, although the napkins did look a little haphazardly placed.

The waiters were friendly and attentive throughout, but not over bearing. We were asked if everything was okay suitably on one occasion during each course and neither of us felt hassled. This appeared to be case across each of the tables. The courses were served in timely but not rushed intervals, giving us time to let our food go down between courses, but certainly not leaving us wondering where our food was.

As stated above, we ate from the £17.95 menu, which is described as a set menu, but has an extensive choice. I couldn’t really see any difference between it and the A La Carte if I’m honest.

We had the following:

Belly Pork Galette

Dessert:
Chocolate Brownie
Icky Sticky Wicky Licky Picky Toffee pudding

All courses were excellently presented, and the cooking was of a high standard, representing excellent value for money.

Our overall impression was that Postilion is a quality establishment serving quality food in non-pretentious surroundings. It’s fine dining that doesn’t take its self too seriously. It’s well worth stopping in for a good quality experience that won’t burst any budget.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I visited this restaurant with my husband and would recommend a visit here to anyone who is staying in the area. The food was excellent and priced reasonably for the quality, the presentation was also excellent. The staff were relaxed and friendly and the timing of each meal was perfect. Will definitely eat here again if in the area, just wished we had found it sooner.