“Lovely food, excellent service”
Review of Postilion Restaurant - CLOSED

Postilion Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2014

A group of 12 of us ate here last Saturday night, and I have to say the service we received was exceptional. Orders were taken promptly, the food arrived quickly, glasses were replenished with no fuss. We all ordered off the £17.95 menu, and were very impressed by the quality of the food we received. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

There are newer reviews for Postilion Restaurant

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Recently we had a wonderful 3 night stay in The Toffee Loft which is a little haven next door to the marvellous Postilion Restaurant which we also dined in on our stay in Bowness in June 2014.Lovely decor, peaceful and relaxing stay at our leisure, use of nearby spa and on the doorstep to the lovely local shops and boutiques.The restaurant itself was very welcoming and tastefully decorated the food was delicious and my husband had the Fillet steak which was cooked to his taste.Cannot fault the surroundings, staff or food.Would definately recommend and will be back!

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We ate here on a Tuesday night. They were extremely busy (which is often a good sign) but they managed to seat the four of us outside. The staff were indeed busy and they kept apologising for being slow to attend to us but honestly, they were still better than most restaurants so no complaints from me. The staff are very polite.

The food was excellent. Really tasty and perfect sized portions. The side plate of vegetables were fantastic and really went well with the mains. Dessert was delicious. I had chocolate brownie and I heartily recommend it. It was superb.

Will definitely return. Thanks.

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Dined here last night absolutely beautiful food. 3 course a la carte. Excellent taste 1 of nicest meals ever eaten. Friendly staff brilliant little place a must visit.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Nice town, but very average restaurants. Too touristy is suppose. This place boasted 20 odd tears of srvice, but they only offered a set meal and it was ghastly.
My wife's soused mackerel was truly awful - there was nothing of the sea left in this poor unfortunate fish, and the dressing - yuk!
My starter of scotch egg was ok.
OUr main - three little pigs was a joke. A sausage wrapped in a peice of tesco's chorizo slice on what I think was a mixture of potato, cheese, mushy peas and bits of bacon. This woiuld have been better employed to shore up the walls down at the dock.
A very sdisappointing meal.
Staff were nice, but we arrived early and the chef/owner was already having abit of meltdown over something and he wasn't very polite when the staff asked him where we should be seated.

1  Thank Russell M