“Delicious food on a good budget”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Postilion Restaurant - CLOSED

Postilion Restaurant
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dursley, United Kingdom
“Delicious food on a good budget”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is the second time we have been to this restaurant, the previous time was 2 years ago. The set menu is priced very reasonably. The food itself is delicious and the portion sizes are perfect. We will definitely be returning customers the nest time we visit the lake district.

Visited September 2013

Seville, Spain
“Perfect in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food- old favourites with new flavours. My cumin lamb was tender and full of flavour, and brothers steak was cooked to perfection. The peanut butter ice cream in the dessert we decided to share nearly caused a family feud it was so good.

• Visited September 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“BTF”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

My partner and myself had a few nights in Bowness-on-Winderemere and tried a few restaurants, we stumbled across Postillion in one of the back streets that you would normally miss.
It was a great atmosphere cosy, and with lovely smells coming from the kitchen area. The waiters were great, very professional and helpful. I decided to have steak and was asked how would I like my steak done. I simply requested it "BTF" being as I'm not a vampire.

The waiter said, certainly sir! All I can say is I was not disappointed and my Steak came BTF and was the best I've tasted. It was like the chef knew exactly what BTF was !

If I'd said medium rare I would say it would have been as requested. Thank you to the chef it's well worth the money and the food is fantastic.

Thanks guys top marks :)

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank James B
Bowness-on-Windermere, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Was tempted in by the lanterns outside and the offer of a price fixed menu. What a place delicious food and gerious portions, relaxed atmosphere, brilliant service. Defiantly worth a visit whilst in the area. Will be returning soon! 10/10 for all the team at the Postillion and thank you for making our experience one we won't forget. By far the best restaurant in Bowness.

• Visited September 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great food in a nice quirkly little restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We ate here on the set menu. It was about £18 each for 3 courses that were delicious! The restaurant is small and welcoming with a really cool and quirky upstairs bar - worth checking out before you eat. A special mention must go to the female, blonde waitress who was especially friendly, helpful and efficient! I would definitely recommend eating here as it is very good food at a great price!

Visited September 2013