“excellent restaurant”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
windermere U.K
“excellent restaurant”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Four of us ate at the postilian restaurant last night. It had previously been fully booked. It was definitely worth the wait. Food was beautifully cooked and presented. The service was excellent. Will be recommending this restaurant to everyone.

• Visited September 2013

essex
“Excellent value and the best dessert EVER”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We liked the look of the restaurant and the value of the early bird three course fixed price menu. Having experienced a week of pub grub on the Dales Way (some of it very good), we were looking for something a bit extra. The Postilion did not disappoint. Starters were novel and tasty. Both the lamb and pork main courses were excellent with perfect crackling on the pork with a surprise filling of Wesleydale and tomato. The banana creme brulée combined a perfect creme brulée with caremelised banana and a peanut and salted caramel ice cream. The wine was excellent and the mark up very reasonable. Altogether one of the finest meals we have ever enjoyed. Book in advance to take advantage of the early bird deal.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“steaks that melt in your mouth”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Julie and I went to the lakes for a surprise birthday weekend and had booked a table at postilion...we were not disappointed in any shape or form. From the moment we walked in we were greeted with a warming welcome. it was after 7 which is about £5 more expensive if you go before 7 but that wasn't an issue it was our choice. Julie had the celeriac soup and I had the 3 little pigs for starters.....just perfect. the waitress who served us, managed our side of the restaurant like a true professional, attention to detail not too pushy ample time between courses and still time amongst other covers in her station to check everything was ok but not in the false way like some hosts do. we both had the sirloin, cooked differently, mine with the local vegetables and Julie with there home made chips which I must say were divine. the steaks were moist and perfectly cooked......pudding...mmmmm lemon cheese cake for Julie, I had the sticky toffee pudding and washed down with a Remy martin, it was gorgeous.

I have run my own restaurant in my time and been a landlord as well and I must say that what I regard as a must in a restaurant was present at this one. little things go a long way, warmed plates with warm food, cutlery in the right place and for the correct dish, correct glasses on display and removed when not needed and the icing on the cake was the the brandy. the glass came warmed as it should in my opinion which in turn warmed the brandy ( see brandy snifter etiquette ) covered with a napkin to retain the heat. this made my day. if you visit Bowness on Windermere this place is a must.

thank you to all the staff especially the young lady that served us and the chef and his team for making our meal one of the most enjoyable experiences we have ever had. we will be back without a doubt and will endeavour to tell as many people about this great gem of a restaurant.

1 Thank andrew t
Billinge
“Amazing food and value”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked an evening meal here a couple of weeks ago and i've got to say its one of the nicest meals either of us have had.
The staff were efficient, friendly and helpful throughout.
We went for the three course meal (£17.95 before 7pm) the food was cooked to perfection and even after we asked for a couple of things that weren't on the value menu they didn't hesitate to accommodate us.
i've recommended this place to all of my friends and family and will definitely be back for more.
If your thinking of going elsewhere then don't, this will not disappoint.

Sheffield
“Good food bad service!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Well we picked this as our final night meal upon some of the reviews. Now the food is very good the chef really knows what he is doing. The service is terrible it's so slow we got forgot about so left after the starter and main, it's like someone is just playing at restaurant they really need to employ someone to run the front of house because its really letting the food down. If they do take away we would eat there again because the food was very good.