“lovely home cooked food but can be expensive”
Review of Rumours Pizzeria - CLOSED

Rumours Pizzeria
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We called in for lunch and hubby had pizza and I had pasta. The food was lovely and service very good, but I think it's expensive to pay over £10 for a pasta dish at lunch time. Would be really nice for a romantic evening out.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Wonderful food, ambiance and service - highly recommended to all looking for a lovely Italian meal. We visit Rumours every time we are in Bowness and have always had a wonderful meal and excellent service - try the Pescatora pizza - tuna and prawns - delicious

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a very pleasant little Italian restaurant. My fiancé and I have been several times to Rumours over the last couple of years and each time have had a pleasant visit. The food is well cooked and arrives nice and warm on the plate, so I would definitely not agree with other reviews that say the food is pre-made or store bought. I had a nice grilled goats cheese starter on a bed of salad which was delicious, though perhaps with a bit too much vinegarette, followed by a spaghetti carbonara which was splendid. The prices may be a bit more than what I am used to spending on a meal of its sort (£11.50 for carbonara is a tad expensive) though generally prices in this town are a bit higher on account of it being a tourist hotspot.

The restaurant is very pleasant and romantic and the waitresses were all very friendly and attentive. Not somewhere you could go every night but I certainly do enjoy it and will visit again.

1  Thank Phalonia
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our meal at rumours, was sceptical after reading reviews however I can confirm the pizzas were freshly made and not supermarket bought as mine was made with specific toppings, you could taste the freshness! Also had desert and the lemon sorbet was lovely and well presented! Good value for money would recommend!

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We had been here before on a previous visit to the lakes and enjoyed it immensely but were a little worried by some negative comments we had read, but decided to go anyway. So glad we did, The food we had was gorgeous , particularly the chicken dish from the specials board. The sorbet I had for dessert was divine but the sticky toffee pudding my husband had was the most gorgeous dessert either of us had ever had in our lives !! I noted the comments people made about the pizza's and saw lots of people had ordered them. From what I could see they were not enormous but clearly quality not quantity. People are obviously comparing them to the mass produced take away pizzas and clearly not used to higher quality food . We loved it and glad we decided to go and make up our own minds rather than take notice of negative reviews. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it .