“A safe but unspectacular meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sutherlands Restaurant - CLOSED

Sutherlands Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
southend
“A safe but unspectacular meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

I'm not sure if this is a pub trying to be a restaurant or a restaurant trying to be a pub! Reasonable food served in pub type surroundings with young, friendly staff. It feels a little bit like stepping back in time........would we rush back....I doubt it.......were we unhappy customers......No! Pleasant surroundings, friendly staff and adequate food.

Askrigg
“Absolute disgrace!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

This place looks good from the outside but I should have known what type of food we were going to be served as soon as I walked in, awful decor and rude staff. Waited about 45 mins before receiving the food I had the beef stroganoff and struggled to find the beef it was just a bland sauce full of sour tasting tinned mushrooms!! My other half ordered the leg of lamb and was served boil in the bag slop with cold veg!! Sent the food back and made a complaint to the manageress who insisted there was nothing wrong with the food! I eat out quite a lot and that food was certainly below most peoples standards!! Didn't pay for the food but paid for the drinks which were highly priced for cheap brands!! If you like good quality food and drink please do not go here!!!

“Microwave meals”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Ordered a meal this evening, typical average pub fayre arrived quickly,veg and mash clearly microwaved as nuclear hot! Inedible, and no apology either

London, United Kingdom
“Probably the most photographed building in Bowness”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Expensive but the food is quite good. We had aSunday lunch here which would have been excellent if only the Roast potato's had been really Roasted, that said we both enjoyed the meal. On our last night we had dinner there a a bit of a treat, my wife had the Supreme of Chicken and I had the Haddock Chips with Mushy Peas. My wife was well satisfied with her meal but my fish had little taste at all, the chips were large and really well cooked. So to sum up the food here is good but not outstanding which when you see the outside flower baskets and window boxes you might expect.

Visited July 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Average food. Average service. Average atmosphere. Little dated. Could do with a revamp inside. Staff could do with being cheerier. Must better similar food elsewhere. Would not go again for this reason.