“The best Thai restaurant there is”

Jintana Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Jintana Thai Restaurant is nestled in the centre of Bowness-on-Windermere in the heart of the English Lake District. Open since 2004, the restaurant offers diners a relaxed, friendly environment in which to enjoy our freshly prepared authentic Thai Cuisine. Decorated with imported Thai furniture, artwork and artifacts, our dining area provides the perfect setting to enjoy our wide selection of meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, each of which is freshly prepared to order by our team of experienced Thai chefs. Jintana Thai Restaurant is perfect for couples, and also for families and large parties, with its cosy and intimate surroundings everyone is welcome. As soon as you step inside, you are greeted with a warm welcome by our staff dressed in traditional Thai costumes.
Reviewed January 12, 2011

I frequent the Jintana once a year for my birthday treat when I visit the lakes. The food is exceptional. I'm a big fan of Thai cuisine and have tried my fair share but Jintana tops the bill. Its fresh, tasty and served by a lovely team of staff. Its not over priced, and is definitely a star of the lake district

Reviewed January 12, 2011

It was the first time that we tastet thai food en we are sold!
the service was friendly and the food was tasty. We are from Holland and if we come back to the lake district we would sertenly come back to this nice little restaurant withe the good atmosphere.

Reviewed November 23, 2010

We now come home Thailand after visit UK for holiday. we have many good experience in UK. as Thai Person we like Thai food, but difficult in UK. Jintana Thai is very good, good taste nice asmotphere. staff reccomand our favorite dishes and can cook very spicy or not if we like. If you want the real taste in Thailand in uk, jintana is good place to go.

Reviewed October 3, 2010

Jintana introduced me to my first taste of Thai food and haven't been able to get enough since!
Lovely restaurant, very authentic. Have returned here time and again and can't wait for my next visit to the Lakes to sample their delicious food.
I have 2 gripes, that aren't really gripes..... firstly, found the dessert menu a little disappointing, several of the dishes are the same/similar, but, much as I love desserts, I usually can't manage one as I'm usually fully satisfied and sated after starter and main. Second gripe, it's a little pricy in comparison with the same sort of restaurant in a town or city, but I believe its in line with other local restaurants in Bowness. Overall well worth it.

Reviewed September 18, 2010

I've been to this restaurant alot and the food is perfect, the only 1 restaurant I would recommend to everyone who wants to taste a real perfection of Thai food. The food is superb, great taste and authentic. The service is the best service I've ever encountered dining out, and the staffs are more than friendly. Everyone working in the restaurant is extremely polite, especially the waiters. They are wonderful peopIe. I have never been to such a superb restaurant as this one in my life. Everything is fantastic. A must try! Would recommend this restaurant to everyone to check out this great Jintana Thai Restaurant.