“Worlds worst meal”

Jintana Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Description: Jintana Thai Restaurant is nestled in the centre of Bowness-on-Windermere in the heart of the English Lake District. Open since 2004, the restaurant offers diners a relaxed, friendly environment in which to enjoy our freshly prepared authentic Thai Cuisine. Decorated with imported Thai furniture, artwork and artifacts, our dining area provides the perfect setting to enjoy our wide selection of meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, each of which is freshly prepared to order by our team of experienced Thai chefs. Jintana Thai Restaurant is perfect for couples, and also for families and large parties, with its cosy and intimate surroundings everyone is welcome. As soon as you step inside, you are greeted with a warm welcome by our staff dressed in traditional Thai costumes.
Blyth, United Kingdom
“Worlds worst meal”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We ate at the Jintana restuarant last Thursday, opting for the 'special' two course set meal.

Our starters were a selection of totally unidentifiable ? vegetables cooked in so much batter I felt sick.

For our second course we chose the chicken sweet and sour with jasmine rice.

The rice was presented in a bowl that I was unable to either use a fork to lift out or shake it onto my plate. It was he most disgusting rice I have ever had the misfortune to eat.

I finally managed to put the congealed overcooked sticky mess onto my plate.

The sweet and sour chicken to accompany the rice was equely disgusting. My partner worried that we would get food poisoning............
I then realised that I recognised this dish from my sons college days when I used to pack him off with cheap microwave ready meals. They cost a £1. I am not to willing tell you which supermarket I bought them from but I am sure that if I sent in food and standards to the Jintana they would find the empty boxes that the so called chef had used. As a token gesture there was a fresh peice of tomato in the food, but that did not fool us or convince us that the food had been freshly prepared by the chef.

We were furious with the substandard meal which cost £ 30.

So be aware that if you go to this restaurant, we would suggest you go the local supermarket pick up a ready meal and boil it in the kettle in your accomodation you will be 'quids in'.

2 Thank Alison C

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Takeaway - nice food but very expensive and small portions”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

We shared a seafood platter to start with and this barely filled a small side plate - nearly £7 each. All the food was very nice but the portions are small. We paid £35 for a takeaway which is expensive in my opinion, especially if you're left hungry.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We ate here from the early evening menu, but there was still enough choice. The service was very good, however the food was only average

“A Gem!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

A table for one on a Saturday night was not a problem. The service here is extremely friendly and the food is wonderful. I would definitely visit again and would recommend this restaurant without hesitation.

Visited January 2014
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Arrived without a booking and they accommodated us. Service was faultless, polite and friendly but not overbearing. Food was excellent and as I have coeliacs was pleased to see that food on the menu was coded so that I knew what I could eat.
Will definitely be going back.