“A Gem!”

Jintana Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Jintana Thai Restaurant is nestled in the centre of Bowness-on-Windermere in the heart of the English Lake District. Open since 2004, the restaurant offers diners a relaxed, friendly environment in which to enjoy our freshly prepared authentic Thai Cuisine. Decorated with imported Thai furniture, artwork and artifacts, our dining area provides the perfect setting to enjoy our wide selection of meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, each of which is freshly prepared to order by our team of experienced Thai chefs. Jintana Thai Restaurant is perfect for couples, and also for families and large parties, with its cosy and intimate surroundings everyone is welcome. As soon as you step inside, you are greeted with a warm welcome by our staff dressed in traditional Thai costumes.
“A Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

A table for one on a Saturday night was not a problem. The service here is extremely friendly and the food is wonderful. I would definitely visit again and would recommend this restaurant without hesitation.

Visited January 2014

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Arrived without a booking and they accommodated us. Service was faultless, polite and friendly but not overbearing. Food was excellent and as I have coeliacs was pleased to see that food on the menu was coded so that I knew what I could eat.
Will definitely be going back.

Greasby, United Kingdom
“Nice meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Initially walked out due to reception by female staff member. The reception is in the middle of the restaurant and staff left us stood there without acknowledgement I had booked but she did not acknowledge my booking and made us feel we were in the way. We were then sat at a table which was not set properly and given one menu between us. I put this down to the restaurant being very busy but first impressions count. After that the service from he male waiter was excellent and the food was delicious. I was not expecting the food to be as hot as they were but I like it that way. The waiters did warn you of the hotter dishes so you knew what to expect. Food was delicious but both my husband and I had upset stomachs the following morning but could have been don to the chillies. Food was delicious and despite the initial negative impression of the place the food and later service turned me back around. Would recommmend

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Happytravellers8A
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Beautiful authentic restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We come to Bowness a few times a year and always make jintana one of our restaurant visits. If you want a serene and romantic place to eat then this is the one. I have seen couples and groups in Jintana but never seen it noisy or rowdy. The food is excellent with a good choice of meat, vegetarian and seafood. The authentic music makes the atmosphere relaxing and gives you a real Thai feeling. We would and have recommended Jintana to many friends and family and also people we have met whilst staying in Bowness.

wigan
“Top food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had a great meal once again on 3 rd January me and my wife have been going for years and we have never had a bad meal the waiters are great the food always excellent

1 Thank karenj1970