“Delicious”

Jintana Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Description: Jintana Thai Restaurant is nestled in the centre of Bowness-on-Windermere in the heart of the English Lake District. Open since 2004, the restaurant offers diners a relaxed, friendly environment in which to enjoy our freshly prepared authentic Thai Cuisine. Decorated with imported Thai furniture, artwork and artifacts, our dining area provides the perfect setting to enjoy our wide selection of meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, each of which is freshly prepared to order by our team of experienced Thai chefs. Jintana Thai Restaurant is perfect for couples, and also for families and large parties, with its cosy and intimate surroundings everyone is welcome. As soon as you step inside, you are greeted with a warm welcome by our staff dressed in traditional Thai costumes.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Perfect from start to finish, Thai crackers to start and Stir-fried chicken in a garlic sauce and white stick rice from my main course! Reasonably priced, great drinks, great service and delicious food. Definitely recommend this Thai restaurant! Very authentic and beautifully decorated too!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,440)

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had booked a table for 7pm but due to the really poor weather we had visited as much as we could and were ready to eat earlier, we contacted the restaurant to see if we could move our reservation an hour earlier and they were very accommodating and reserved the table for 6pm. The restaurant was lovely and the food and service was excellent, although the restaurant was starting to get busy mid way through our meal we were not rushed. Will definitely go back to this restaurant again

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

It what I would expect from a take away the starter of battered pork was warm and very chewy and the main of Thai red curry was so underwhelming! the jasmine rice was served in a separate pot which was cute but as I tried to put my spoon in the serve it onto my plate it was like rubber and the whole pot of rice came out in one clump like it was cook hours before and thrown into the microwave before served my partners was exactly the same although his thai yellow curry had a bit more about it! The service was ok I had to ask for cutlery which was a first but all in it was just ok and to be honest I wouldn't ever get a take away from there! It was a bit pricey and for what you got defiantly was not worth it!! Rice isn't supposed to be chewy :( disappointed

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Visited this restaurant during a recent stay in Bowness, what a find. Food was amazing some of the best Thai we have eaten anywhere and we have visited Thai restaurants all over the country! Staff were very friendly and service really good.

1  Thank Alison M
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We came here having not been able to get a table the previous night - bodes well we thought! Service was average, slow to respond and at times almost surly. Food came quickly and was very well presented but lacked a little in flavour - salt primarily. The food was ok, some good elements but overall I just felt it missed the mark, can't quite out my finger on it. I would not return.