“Disappointing takeaway!”

Jintana Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Description: Jintana Thai Restaurant is nestled in the centre of Bowness-on-Windermere in the heart of the English Lake District. Open since 2004, the restaurant offers diners a relaxed, friendly environment in which to enjoy our freshly prepared authentic Thai Cuisine. Decorated with imported Thai furniture, artwork and artifacts, our dining area provides the perfect setting to enjoy our wide selection of meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, each of which is freshly prepared to order by our team of experienced Thai chefs. Jintana Thai Restaurant is perfect for couples, and also for families and large parties, with its cosy and intimate surroundings everyone is welcome. As soon as you step inside, you are greeted with a warm welcome by our staff dressed in traditional Thai costumes.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Ordered takeaway from here as the menu looked good and varied, went to collect the food and they brought the bill over for us to check, and we noted one of the main courses was missing off the bill so told them. They brought us the food minus one main course, this was brought 5 minutes later! We had 2 bags of Thai crackers which were broken and very dry, not like other Thai crackers I have eaten, we had 2 sharing platters which were also very dry and dissapointing! We had an extra main course that we had not ordered! I had pad Thai noodles for main, and it came out of the container in one congealed lump, had about 4 mouthfuls and left the rest! My friends said their mains were not much better! I would have returned and complained but the restaurant would have been closed and we were going home the next day, for what we paid it was a complete disappointment!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,458)

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Ate here during the week and had the 2 course special for 12.95 each. The portions were full size, no scrimping which made this excellent value. We have eaten here many times and the food and service was excellent as usual.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We visited Jintana whilst on holiday, and I can safely say, it was the best Thai meal that we have had. It started off well, when a couple leaving the restaurant as we went in, told us that their meal had been fantastic. The whole experience from service to quality of food was just excellent. We decided to have a set meal for two, which was excellent value for money and extremely scrummy. Needless to say, there was nothing left.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Yet another excellent meal.
This time we visited May not November and took advantage of the "early evening menu...same quality as you get from the main menu, only not as many options but for the price the quality is exactly the same. Very friendly staff who help you with your choice if unsure NO PRESSURE just helpful. We have never been disappointed with the food, BUT MAKE A BOOKING it is very popular, if you want to eat after the "early evening menu 5.30-6.30" .

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We booked a table here a couple of weeks before coming as I could see that it would be busy being bank holiday weekend (we ate here on the Friday). However, after driving up for several hours for our weekend away we found they had lost our booking. No problem as they found us a table but not a great start. We ordered the set menu but with one change of main course. They then forgot our drink order, having to come back and ask which bottle of wine we had selected. They then forgot our water and this was becoming a bit repetitive. The startes came and were very pleasant, a good selection for a mixed starter and the dips were good too. The prawn crackers were a touch fishy for my tastebuds but this is just personal choice, my wife liked them very much. The main couple of problems were to come. Firstly we were rushed along all of the time - it felt like being on a conveyor belt! We were actually in and out in less than 80 minutes - very quick for a "banquet" style meal. I wonder if it was because they lost our booking and "fitted us in" somewhere? Then, when I came to pay, I noticed they had charged us for every course separately, not as a banquet. When I complained I was given the glib excuse, "Oh, sorry, no-one told me you had agreed a change of main course so we billed everything. This was sorted quickly but did not end the evening well. Overall, food good, not great, service poor. Would I recommend? Probably not.