“Excellent glad we booked!”

Jintana Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Description: Jintana Thai Restaurant is nestled in the centre of Bowness-on-Windermere in the heart of the English Lake District. Open since 2004, the restaurant offers diners a relaxed, friendly environment in which to enjoy our freshly prepared authentic Thai Cuisine. Decorated with imported Thai furniture, artwork and artifacts, our dining area provides the perfect setting to enjoy our wide selection of meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, each of which is freshly prepared to order by our team of experienced Thai chefs. Jintana Thai Restaurant is perfect for couples, and also for families and large parties, with its cosy and intimate surroundings everyone is welcome. As soon as you step inside, you are greeted with a warm welcome by our staff dressed in traditional Thai costumes.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Very happy. So glad we booked. Thursday night and many people being turned away. Food was delicious and service was excellent.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,421)

Reviewed February 20, 2013

1st visit, and definately not the last. Delicious food and the service was excellent. I would say without a doubt that it is on par with food actually from Thailand, my 11 year old daughter liked it too. The decor is very authentic, just such a lovely place to go. We went for my birthday, which was during the week, but also half term in Cumbria and the place was packed, with people waiting also. With three of these restuarants in the area, it just has to be good. I had Thai green curr which was not too spicy and my husband had the yellow which was very spicy. My duaghter had noodles which she loved. Prices not too high either, although I had a Mai Tai cocktail which I thought was very expensive for what you got. Probaby stick to beer next time!!

1  Thank Fiona L
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great place to eat. The early bird menu was great value. The service and atmosphere was top quality. Would love to return x

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is the second time that we have been to jintana in bowness. The food is perfect and the prices are spot on. Most of the staff are very friendly and give an excellent service. I would recommend this place without a second though. It ever converted my fussy eater girlfriend to LOVE thai food.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Seemed to be quite booked up as we just managed to get a table before they were turning people away.
Had 2 courses off the early bird menu, I had the Thai green curry and my friend had the jungle curry which was spicey hot! Reasonably priced and just what we needed on our first night