Sorry I'm a bit late reviewing our stay which was in September 2012. We had previously booked for May but on arrival I fell and broke my arm, ended up in hospital so never got to stay. Emma was fantastic and very helpful. So we booked again for our 2 night stay and it was perfect. The bedroom was very light and airy with a very comfy bed and the views were lovely. Breakfast was superb and Emma couldn't do enough for you. The weather was perfect and we had some lovely walks followed by some lovely evening meals at the Cuckoo Brow (best to book) and the Tower Bank Arms. Both pubs had very good menus and were within walking distance. My tip is to take a torch for walking back from the pub.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hawkrigg Guest House is a beautiful family run guest house situated on a hill over looking lake Windermere.It has 3 rooms with fantastic views and all are en-suite. It is in the middle of the lake District national park, which gives you easy access to everything the lake District has to offer. There are many Pubs and Restaurants nearby, in the villages of Bowness, Windermere, Hawkshead, Coniston and Ambleside. It is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Hawkrigg Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawkrigg Guest House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Hawkrigg Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District