“A cosy romantic experience”
Review of Cranleigh Boutique

Cranleigh Boutique
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Me and my partner stayed here for 2 nights just after Christmas and were very impressed. The real roaring fire in the small lounge area is a perfect welcome.

The room we had (number 4) was small but perfect. Very nicely decorated and spotless. There was a cute teddy on the bed, rose petals and some chocolates too. All a lovely touch.

The room was a little chilly but that was soon sorted when the helpful receptionist bought up a little electric heater which was perfect.

The hotel was quiet despite being full and in a superb location. It was literally 4 minutes to the pubs and bars of Windermere.

I even received a follow up phone call once I was at home to see if I had enjoyed my stay and arrived home safely. A caring touch.

All in all - highly recommend for a weekend away or a long week (if you're lucky!) in the beautiful Lake District.

1  Thank Amy_Lea_10
Emma D, Guest Relations Manager at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thanks ever so much for your nice comprehensive review. We’re really pleased that you were impressed with the hotel and thank you in advance for your high recommendations. We hope to welcome you back in the future and wish you all the best for 2014.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Lovely location , just yards from everywhere but nicely hidden from the main area.
Breakfast was A1. Staff super friendly!
The room (11) was a little bit small but that is a very minor gripe, especially as we did book the 'standard' so I shouldn't expect any different.
Would definitely come back not just to Bowness but the Cranleigh too.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Emma D, Guest Relations Manager at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to place a review on the hotel. How nice that you chose us as the place for your honeymoon. We are over the moon in that case that we have met your expectations and helped make fond memories for you and your partner. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future to make many more happy memories. All the best for 2014.

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the cranleigh on the 14th dec for a 2 night stay and we loved it!

I had read the reviews on here and it seemed an obvious choice to stay on our first time to Bowness and it didn't disappoint. I was looking for a romantic weekend with my girlfriend and the cranleigh offered us exactly that. We stayed in room 14 and the room was perfect and the spa bath and huge shower topped it off. The staff were great and the breakfast was amazing.

We will definitely be returning here and we are already looking forward to it.

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you very much for your lovely all rounded review, it sounds like you had a perfect romantic getaway! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Hope you had a lovely Christmas and wishing you all the best for 2014.

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for our 10th wedding anniversary. We chose it based on trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. We booked room 12 which was on the top floor in the building next to main reception. The room itself was gorgeous and even had a view of the lakes. The hotel staff couldn't have been more helpful and were able to recommend a great walk. We made use of the Macdonald hotel spa facilities which were also lovely having been recently refurbished. We couldn't recommend this hotel more highly and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Sara P
hudson101, Guest Relations Manager at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thanks very much for your lovely review. It sounds like you made the most of what we offer – perfect! Thanks in advance for your recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future. All the best for Christmas and in to the new year also.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We won our break on Facebook...highly recommending everyone joins in on the fun.
We didn't believe real people won, but they do.
Stephen and Emma had arranged a fantastic day for us.
We did the Tree top trek after breakfast which was such fab fun, followed by prosecco in front of the log fire.
We then had a lovely bath together in room 6 with the bottle of champagne Stephen had included. We spent the faintly afternoon watching DVDs and drinking fizz before we headed out to portos for dinner.

The hotel is situated in a fab location. Walking distance to everywhere you need to be and a short drive to the tree top trek.

There aRe some lovely local shops and some fab restaurants.

The staff at the hotel were all really helpful, and couldn't do enough for us. One of the members of staff clearly does her research as she commented on our wedding photos at how lovely it all looked.

The breakfasts at e hotel were fab!! Really well cooked, nothing was too difficult and a good selection.

Highly recommend it

Thank you Cranleigh.

Room Tip: Room 6 is newly decorated. Overlooking front of hotel. At the end of a corridor so it's nice and...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Emma D, Guest Relations Manager at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thanks Zoe for taking some time out and placing a review on the hotel. It was a great day with you and Aron. I also have to say I really appreciated you letting me share it with you round the Treetop Trek! It’s not every day you get to swing from trees at work! I’m glad you had a fab anniversary and thank you in advance for your high recommendations as you suggest. All the best for 2014 and Happy Christmas!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

A thank you message to the staff at the Cranleigh Boutique

To all the staff at The Cranleigh Boutique,
I wanted to personally thank you for the wonderful stay my husband and I had in The Hideout on December 01st.
The personal touches that you included were excellent and most thoughtful and we are very grateful for your generosity and attention to detail.
As you know, we were celebrating the launch of my debut novel Lussuria, Book 1 in The Luminara Series. As my book is in an adult, contemporary romance novel, what better place to celebrate it but in your exceptionally romantic suite - The Hideout.
My husband has followed your Facebook page for a long time and reads all of your outstanding reviews; he has been desperate to visit the hotel, so he actually surprised me by taking me as a treat.
What a treat it was!
I can honestly say that I have never stayed anyway as luxurious, modern or romantic in the UK. The suite had everything, and I mean everything.
The decor was visually pleasing, sharp and enticing keeping with the common theme.
Awe - inspiring.
The full interior has been tastefully designed and decorated to a professional standard. I loved the quality interiors, from the sleek kitchen fully equipped with every mod-con possible to the generous sized plasma TVs, grand comfortable furniture, sumptuous textiles, and impressive bath and shower facilities.
It was not just the facility itself that made our stay most enjoyable but the extra personally touches and full use of complimentary drinks, food and snacks were also a great attribute.
We did not need to leave the suite as we had everything we needed and more...
I loved that only a five minutes stroll away is Windermere’s town centre with lots of lovely bars and restaurants. We have actually dined in The Porto restaurant on a previous visit and loved it and would highly recommend this if you were having a longer stay, opting to eat out.
My only regret is that we could not stay longer. I could easily spend an extra few nights here if not an entire holiday week.
Your customer service has been truly amazing; nothing but professional and I would recommend your boutique hotel and romantic rooms and suites to anyone looking for a romantic UK break with luxury.
I'd like to thank you again for an enjoyable stay....
The best we have had, and we hope to be back soon.
Kind Regards,
SJ Molloy
Author of Lussuria (Book 1 in The Luminara Series).
Amazon, Kobo and Smashwords.com

1  Thank SJ M

Thank you so much for personally thanking the team and placing your review on here and for sending it through on Facebook too.
We’re really glad the Hideout delivered on your expectations. Its great that you felt you didn’t need to leave the suite as that is our intentions to make is such a wonderful space that you are 100% content without the need to go out, creating pure privacy. Thank you very much in advance for your recommendations, we wish you all the best for your book and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I saved for months to treat my other half to a stay in The Hideout which holds a price tag I could never usually justify but it was a special occasion and so I felt if there was ever the time to be extravagent... It was a surprise trip for him but I'd looked forward to it for a long time. We spent our first night in a luxury room which was lovely. Nice furnishings and the bath with TV was a bonus. The following day we were set to check in to The Hideout. Considering we had to check out of the luxury room by 11am I'd hoped (as staff suggested) that we may have received a call earlier than the stated 3pm check in. Unfortunately not. The Hideout from the exterior is nothing to look at at all but open the front door...wow! I was straight downstairs to the cinema/jacuzzi room. Unbelievable! I wonder if my house could accommodate a bathroom like this...;-) the bedroom was luxurious and I had the best nights sleep I'd had in ages! The complimentary chocolates were also appreciated.
Why only 4 stars? Holding such an expensive price tag, could the turn around of The Hideout not be quicker? By the time time we'd checked in, familiarised ourselves with the gadgets, eaten and watched a movie it was almost bed time and so for just short of £500 for 1 night, it was a one off for me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank k8mol

Thank you ever so much for taking the time out to review the Hideout. It was unfortunate that we could not call you prior to the usual 3pm check-in time; it isn’t possible for us to reduce this time to allow guests more time prior to sleeping on a regular basis, however much we would love to.
The check-in time depends on whether the previous clients checkout on time at 11:00am and it also depends on the cleaning time too, we allow between 2-3 hours so to ensure we maintain the standard we wish. This doesn’t permit much time between the check-in time of 3pm to call guests and advise that the accommodation is available earlier as simply there isn’t much time between. We’re really glad that you enjoyed your stay nether the less and that you found it to be luxurious and that we delivered the wow factor. We fully understand your thoughts on this but we believe that when we factor in what the Hideout offers as a whole we still consider it to be value for money based on comparisons within the Industry. It is an incredible place that even when you stay there for a few nights you leave wanting more. We hope to welcome you back in the future and thank you for taking the time out to write a review on us. Wishing you a fantastic Christmas and a great 2014.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
#3 of 20 in Windermere
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier Collection
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier C...
#8 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
The Ryebeck
The Ryebeck
#4 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
#6 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#9 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Cranleigh Boutique? Share your experiences!