We arrived after an elopement at Gretna green to the escape suite for two nights on a Friday and Saturday. We arrived to a very polite and friend lady whose badge showed as 'duty manager' who showed us to a great place to park and out suite. We had seen the pictures and videos but was still amazed on sight of the room and was left a complimentry box of cranleigh chocolate with a lovely card with congratulations on our wedding day. What a lovely touch, thank you. We didn't want to leave the room that night to explore bowness because we felt guilty leaving such luxury but we did nip out for an hour for tea then came back and decided to order a bottle of champagne and strawberries dipped in chocolate which was the biggest juiciest berries we've had in a long time! Delish!!! We ordered a DVD from a huge range in the book and enjoyed a night in. Next morning we had chosen to have breakfast to our room with came in luxurious fashion. As I sat in the hotels bathrobe and slippers I felt like 'pretty woman' with this breakfast banquet lol it was so delicious and well presented. Supurb. We cannot rate this room enough and although we did look at higher priced the sanctuary and hideout suites we don't think it would have been anymore enjoyable for us. The customer service was impeccable and on the second evening we only popped out for something to eat and somebody had come in, turned the bed down and left little boxes with chocolates on our pillows. Nice touch. I could add and go on for ever as the owners really did think of everything while planning and designing this place it truely was like living in a dream. We are already saving to come back, although the room rates are very fair compared to other hotels charging more and nowhere near as nice... We left 4 children at home so have to save to come back and we cannot wait!!!! Well done to the cranleigh team!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Boutique accommodation, perfectly located in the Heart of the English Lake District. 23 Individually designed rooms and Suites with features including: private hot tubs, super sized air spa baths, free Wifi, free car parking, and access to leisure and spa facilities. Adult only accommodation. International award winning accommodation, completely unique to the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Cranleigh Boutique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cranleigh Guesthouse Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Cranleigh Boutique Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District