“Luxury!!”
Review of Cranleigh Boutique

Cranleigh Boutique
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Cranleigh Boutique for 2 nights as our joint birthday treat and absolutely loved it. The staff are helpful and friendly. The hotel is beautiful throughout and (sounds strange) it smelt gorgeous. The breakfast was very good and as my boyfriend and I didn't like certain things in the breakfast, the lack of certain items we didn't want was compensated for by extra items we did like. Our room had recently been refurbished (this was a bit of a shock as we didn't know and it looked completely different to the room that I had booked to stay in) and was to a very high standard. The bed was comfy. The bathroom was gorgeous and had everything you could possibly wish for (loved the air spa bath with tv). Plenty of room for clothes in the wardrobe. A fan was provided which was put to good use as it was very warm when we stopped.Lovely lit dressing area and full length mirror. Well stocked mini bar (we don't drink so didn't use any of these items). Situated a convenient short walk from the centre of Windermere. We will definitely stop here again. Beautiful!!!

Room Tip: Luxury Room 6
2  Thank LisaT24
hudson101, Public Relations Manager at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It sounds like you and your partner had a great birthday treat! We have had a few comments on reviews advising us that the hotel smells gorgeous! It doesn’t sound strange when you’re in the hotel, most guests comment on this. The rooms do get warm in hot weather and we are therefore glad that you made use of the fan provided. Thanks for uploading photos too, it looks like you had a fantastic time in the Lakes. Hopefully we will welcome you again soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was my husband and my second visit to the Cranleigh.

Having got engaged in the hideaway suite (now escape suite) in July 2011, we married exactly one year & 1 day after, and for our first anniversary my hubbie said we were going on a surprise trip. As soon as I spotted the signs for Bowness I got tummy butterflies hoping we were staying at the Cranleigh. A big WOOP when we pulled up outside my favourite hotel. Once we went to reception I discovered that he had saved up and booked us into the Hideout Boutique House. I never in a million years expected that!!

So..... The house from heaven with a splash of WAG and a dash of pimp....

You go through the front door and immediately sink into the plushest carpets. There is an ipad to great you with video tips on how to use it - as it controls most of the house. My geeky tech nerd hubbie was hooked right there! The bathroom to the left is beautiful, functional and spotless. The bedroom to the right looked like the most fabulously over the top girlie dream, all faux furs, bold wallpaper and an exceptionally comfy bed. Ipad docking station and a TV complete the set up.

To the top floor is a lovely kitchen, lounge and balcony. The kitchen was perfectly stocked and we had champers and the gorgeous cranleigh chocs waiting too (nice touch having a special hideout box for the chocs!. One thing I'd say, the espresso machine had lots of long drink pods but the cups were too big for the machine. A tiny niggle when the espressos were so yummy anyway.

The lounge again was a tech geek's dream... Remote control fire, Bose speakers and an incredible 3D TV that puts our 3D TV to shame. I would've preferred a few more 3d films, and not all the masculine choices, maybe some animated ones :-)

But, for the best saved to last. The ground floor..... WOW. This is what you're really paying for. A spiral staircase leads you to a isn't jacuzzi bath, beautiful "rain" shower, cinema room and bar.

The room / TV / lighting etc is all controlled by the ipad. It's fun trying to figure it out. There is access to a huge music library and Netflix. Fab! I do think at nearly £500 per night, there should be sky TV too...

The bar is brilliant, optics of vodka, gin, tequila and rum, a stocked mini bar, pre mixed cocktails, fresh lime, cocktails shakers etc, an ice machine.... It's all inc in the price and such fun! We decided we would drink it all (!!!) but we didn't even come close, but it's nice to have that there if you wanted to....

The giant bath is fantastic, a real luxury.

We didnt leave the house Neil check out, but it is central etc for those that want to venture out. The furnishings are as you would expect- High end. It seemed that somebody had broken a light fitting on the stairs as it was missing, but I assume that will soon be replaced.

Basically, the house is a real treat where everything has been thought about very carefully and everything is top spec and full of gadgets. I have not stopped recommending the place and know lots of friends and colleagues are going to discover our secret place soon. The cranleigh have surpassed themselves again. I cannot wait to see what they are going to do next. We have stayed in some spectacular places around the world, but the Cranleigh holds my heart. Thanks to all of the team there.

:-)

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vixster722

Wow thank you very much for the time spent on your review. I notice your review back in 2011 too, thanks for placing these it means a lot to us for our customers to voice both their positive feedback and the constructive points which you have also raised. It’s great that we are your favorite hotel and that we have been the base for many of your happy memories, that makes what we do all the more worth while. In terms of your constructive feedback I have passed this onto the hotel manager and owner alike so that they can assess and implement any changes. Thanks once again, we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night in the sanctuary last Sunday, and all I can say is it was incredible! I'd booked it as a surprise for our anniversary and I can without doubt say it was romantic and luxurious from start to finish. The staff who we dealt with mainly mickhela, were friendly and professional and nothing was too much trouble. The sanctuary itself is a haven, and within minutes of stepping inside you forget completely about the outside world. The attention to detail and finishing touches are second to none and like previous reviews I can totally agree with their comments about the comfort of the bed. I want the pillows they use! The hot tub really made it for us, being able to get up and start the day with coffee sitting in there while waiting for breakfast to be delivered felt incredibly decadent! My only regret is that we were only there for one night. I think to fully appreciate everything it has to offer a two night minimum stay is needed. Yes it is pricey, but you definitely get what you pay for and this was worth every penny. I'm already trying to work out when we can return for 2 nights! Thanks again to everyone at the cranleigh. They really do go the extra mile.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. It sounds like you had a fabulous time with us. The Sanctuary is a very special place. It’s great to get good feedback from you in relation to the receptionist as it’s always nice to hear that they ‘go the extra mile’ as stated. We have a two night minimum stay over weekends however through the week we don’t enforce this. This may be something which we look to implement or recommend to guests so that guests can utilise the suites to their full potential. Thank you for this recommendation … we therefore look forward to welcoming you in the future for a couple of nights!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My Wife and I had 2 nights at the Cranleigh and we couldn't fault a thing. Staff, room, location, friendliness all made our 20th Anniversary very memorable. Try it or you will regret it. In addition Bowness on Windermere is a beautiful town and setting and its views and attractions are something that everyone going to the Cranleigh should experience. Rather ashamed I hadn't visited the area and the Cranleigh before but I will again.

• Stayed: July 2013

It’s fantastic that we helped you celebrate 20 years in such a positive way. It’s always nice to hear when we make such special occasions memorable. Thank you for sharing this, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My boyfriend and i stayed here last weekend for his birthday, our room was so gorgeous! When we arrived the staff were very friendly and the lady helped take our bags up and told us how everything worked. We had room 3 and it was perfect, it was decorated so nicely, very comfy bed, big tv (you got to choose which dvd's you wanted from there library), the bathroom was lovely too, there is not one fault in the room at all! We asked to have the feather duvet cover changed and it was done straight away, our room was cleaned each day and we had a turn over each night. It is a 2 minute walk from the little town with restaurants, the lake. On our last day we thought check out time was an hour later than it was, the receptionist called and was so nice about it and gave us as much time as we needed to check out, they also called us to make sure we got home okay which was really nice of them. It has been the best hotel we have stayed in so far and it's definitely worth the money would recommend this to everyone! Thank you for a great weekend! :)

3  Thank Samantha2905

Thanks a lot for your review. We’re really happy that you had a positive experience with us and that you thought we were great value for money. Room 3 has recently been decorated this year and is one of my personal favorites too. Thanks for the future recommendations. Hopefully we will welcome you to the area again in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

amazing would be the only word to describe this hotel!!!
bought a mini break for me and my partner we were blown away.
we stayed in the hideaway suite, everything was stunning.
the breakfast each morning was outstanding I have never been to a hotel like it.
recommend to anyone!!!
definatley going back!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words on The Hideaway Suite. We’re super happy you had an ‘amazing’ time with us. We’re really glad that we exceeded expectations and happy that we have gained a repeat customer. Maybe we could wow you even more with the Sanctuary? Another personal favorite of mine. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is the perfect place to stay in Bowness. Ideal location for the town centre, friendly staff, fantastic breakfast, absolutely lovely room. Parking was easy, and even after check out we were allowed to leave our car whilst we spent the day at the local spa.

The staff were very helpful and able to provide lots of local info on best places to eat etc. The room was very hot, but it was mid July so beyond their control, and they provided a fan without having to be asked.

If you want a relaxing break in a first class environment then this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: We didnt see the other rooms but room 14 was lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your thorough review. It means a lot to us to get extensive reviews which cover not only the rooms but the location, facilities and food. It sounds like you had a comfortable and relaxing break which is brilliant. Hopefully we will welcome you to the Cranleigh again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
#6 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
#4 of 20 in Windermere
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier Collection
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier C...
#8 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
The Ryebeck
The Ryebeck
#3 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#10 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Cranleigh Boutique? Share your experiences!