“Perfect! The most romantic hotel I've ever stayed in.”
Review of Cranleigh Boutique

Cranleigh Boutique
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned home from a 2 night stay here celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary (11th June). We stayed in luxury room 9 and we got the 'Because I Love You' package. We walked into the beautiful room to a bed covered in rose petals, chocolates, a rose and a teddy bear and had champagne on ice waiting for us. It really was the perfect anniversary. I've stayed in some amazing hotels but this really was the most romantic. The fact that you have access to a good range of DVDs is a nice touch as you really don't want to leave the room and the tv in the bathroom above the spa bath was just amazing. We ate at porto which we can highly recommend and also did the sunset cruise on lake windermere. Breakfast each day was lovely and all the staff are so helpful. Thank you so much for making this such a special experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Natalie110606
hudson101, Public Relations Manager at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Wow your stay sounds lovely, it sounds like you really mad the most of the room, the local attractions and the local restaurants. We’re really glad that we made your stay very romantic and so special. Happy wedding anniversary, we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

superb hotel in a fantastic location with everything you need on the doorstep, very thoughtful touches in your room very impressed with every aspect of our stay would certainly recommend to family and friends would not hesitate to stay again when down in the area!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review we’re really happy that you class the hotel as ‘Outstanding’. The location is great and we have tried to add those little touches to the room so that should you require anything you don’t need to go far to get it. We’re glad you would recommend us to family and friends. We hope to meet you again in the future when you’re in the local area.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My partner and I stayed in this boutique hotel in April for a birthday celebration. Ahead of our visit I informed them we would be celebrationg my partners birthday and they gsve us some complimentary chocolates (delicious). The location is great as you are right mext to the lake and a number of restaurants and pubs.
The room itself (we stayed in a superior room number 13) was fantastic. Lovely huge bed, beautiful designer decor, plasma tv on the wall with free complimentary dvd selection. However the show stealer was the bathroom! It was bliss. Jacuzzi made for 2, mood lighting and tv on the wall. I was thoroughly impressed for the price we paid. The only downside is that there is no bar area so to speak just a room near reception where they bring your drinks. We also ate at the Porto restaurant in town (the porto pig plate is immense) and I would definately go back to both places. If you are staying you have to have river cruise which is a short walk away. Wonderful visit

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were staying with my brother and decided to go for a coffee. We headed down the road to cranleigh hotel and were not disapointed. The place is spotlessly clean the staff were friendly and the service really good. I cant wait for my husband to "treat" me to a weekend away in this gorgeous hotel!!!!

Room Tip: we looked at the rooms as we had a guided tour of the hotel and obviously the rooms with the view of...
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed at The Cranleigh on 30th May 2013 following a win on the hotel's Facebook page in April 2013 which took me by complete surprise! You always expect these things to happen to other people so I could hardly believe my eyes when I received an email from Stephen to say I had won. As I am currently single, I chose to ask one of my close friends to share the experience with me. Initially I was concerned about this as obviously the hotel is renown for its romance and is marketed as a place for couples. However, my friend and I were treated wonderfully during our stay and the fact that we were not a couple was never an issue. The reason I mention this is that I would not want people who are not part of a couple to be put off staying at the hotel despite its obvious intended clientele.

Upon arrival, we were advised where to park as there is limited parking at the hotel however there is additional parking very close by and the receptionist was very helpful providing a map and a parking pass. Her help continued as she checked us in with a very smooth and quick check in procedure and took us up to our room and personally showed us everything and how things worked. The room itself, Luxury Room 5, was wonderful - very stylish and comfortable with a fantastic bathroom including an air spa bath and TV which we loved!

We spent our first afternoon walking and we covered quite a distance - Bowness in Windermere is a lovely place with plenty of restaurants, some great shops and very close to the lake. Indeed the hotel is in an excellent location, minutes from the centre of Bowness and the lake itself.

Part of the prize included a bottle of champagne in the room which was a lovely touch and which we enjoyed prior to going for dinner at Porto which was also part of the prize. The restaurant was terrific, fabulous service with the waitress congratulating me on my win and asking how everything was at the hotel - she was lovely. We were given a glass of Prosecco and two courses from the a la carte menu - we ended up having three as the food was so delicious and also a bottle of great wine - we paid extra for these but they were well worth it.

Breakfast was included in the prize and that also did not disappoint. Great service, excellent choice and delicious food. Even the fact that we were the only non-couple in the breakfast room did not detract from this great start to the day.

During the second day we did some more exploring and also took a boat cruise on the lake which I would highly recommend. The checkout procedure was once again quick and simple and the hotel allowed us to leave our car until we were ready to leave which was very helpful.

Overall, the stay was fabulous - I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to others and would love to stay here myself in the future. Certainly, if I am lucky enough to find myself in a relationship any time soon I would imagine the romance of the place and the extras the hotel provides would be a lovely experience.

Thank you to all at the Cranleigh for a wonderful stay and I hope to see you again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank viccazwilk
hudson101, Public Relations Manager at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you very much for your very comprehensive review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you would not hesitate to recommend the hotel. Thanks also for the feedback on the Porto restaurant, we will advise them of this too as it’s always wonderful to hear. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, thanks once again – The Cranleigh team.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed at The Cranleigh on 28th May in 'The Sanctuary suite' with my partner for my birthday.

Firstly the reception staff are excellent, I have stayed in several high end hotels and have never come across staff so helpful before! The receptionist walked us round to our suite and as soon as she opened the door i just thought inside my head 'wow' The Sanctuary really is stunning inside! We got shown how everything worked then once the receptionist had gone we had a play with it all ourselves, the fire is beautiful when lit and the TV/surround system is excellent!

The bathroom is really something unique and has the best bath I've ever been in! I wish i could have taken it home!! The mood lighting works really well and especially with all the blue lights in the floor throughout the suite! When it was dark we got into the hot tub outside which is very private as its fully enclosed and has an umbrella over the top should you want nobody overlooking you! The receptionist did advise not to have the music on after 10.30pm outside due to noise restriction but using the hot tub without music is fine! I think we actually spent about 3 hours in there all together!

The mini bar is fully stocked and the prices are actually very very reasonable! Not like the extortionate prices you have to pay in big chain hotels. The bed is SO comfy too and also has the best pillows I've ever slept on, really struggled to get out of bed in the morning!

We got our breakfast delivered to the room and it arrived piping hot and was absolutely delicious! Overall id give my stay a 11/10! It truly was amazing and i will never forget it! The call we got 2 days later asking if we got home safe was the icing on the cake for great service and also made our minds up we will defiantly be returning to the hotel to try 'The Hideout'

100% recommend this if you want the 'WOW' factor as soon as you step through the door! It really is a hidden gem!

Room Tip: Splash out on 'the sanctuary' you will not be dissapointed!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan S
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Had a lovely one night stay (wish we'd stayed for 2 or 3). Next time we will book in advance for a longer stay. Excellent staff at the Cranleigh Boutique Hotel and nearby spa. Also fantastic weather - bonus.
Thank you to all management and staff.

Room Tip: Book early!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
#6 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
The Ryebeck
The Ryebeck
#3 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier Collection
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier C...
#8 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
#4 of 20 in Windermere
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#10 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Cranleigh Boutique? Share your experiences!