“OUT OF THIS WORLD HOTEL AND SERVICE, CANT WAIT TO GO , MADE OUR ANNIVERSARY PERFECT”
Review of Cranleigh Boutique

Cranleigh Boutique
Reviewed July 1, 2011

we stayed here for our first anniversary, which was a surprise gift for him. From the moment I booked the superior room and room 18 sanctuary suite, the hotel manager provided the best and most personal service i have ever experienced. The emails were written individually to me and not just a copy and paste job, and they helped me arrange many surprises for my boyfriend as we were staying there for our 1st anniversary. On arrival i was reassured that all my arranged surprises were lined up and all staff were aware that he knew nothing of these and wouldn't find out. Our superior room 15 was wonderful, full of gadgets and luxury and perfectly clean. The sanctuary suite 18 was the big treat of our stay there and the only way to describe this amazing suite is OUT OF THIS WORLD....an absolutely perfect romantic suite, and like nothing I have ever experienced. Well worth the money I paid and the surprises i had planned were all ready for us returning to the hotel in he afternoon. The manager was also aware of surprises that were planned for me and didn't give anything away so i was also treated to my treats that I wasn't expecting. If you want luxury, perfection and romance this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: superior room, but the sanctuary suite - AMAZING!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
hudson101, Owner at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2011

We thank you for your amazing review. We pride ourselves on providing the best service we possibly can and are constantly focussed on exceeding customers expectations. If there is anything we can do to make your experience even better at The Cranleigh we will. It was a pleasure looking after you and we hope to se you again sometime soon. The Cranleigh Team.

There are newer reviews for Cranleigh Boutique

Reviewed June 29, 2011

My husband booked us into the Hideaway at the Cranleigh as a surprised night away for our honeymoon. It was breathtaking! Absolutely divine! The room was gorgeous and the decor was really modern. The Hideaway itself was superbly designed and had everything you could want. A huge TV in the lounge area which also had a mini bar, ice bucket, lemon/lime slicer & tray, DVD player & magazines. The sleeping area had a huge bed with the most exquisite dressing table and mirror (I wanted to take them home!). There was also a DVD player in the sleeping area. There is a free DVD library of over 200 DVD's too! The bathroom was my favourite part with a double shower encased in glass and a double spa bath with mood lighting, pillows and a tv on the wall! It was perfect for the occasion. We were out in the evening and when we returned to the Hideaway, the staff had done a turn down for us. Basically, tidied up the Hideaway, changed towels we'd used and restocked anything we had used. They also left a complimentary bottle of water on each bedside table. We ordered our breakfast to be brought to the room at 9.15 and it arrived on the dot! Perfectly cooked and everything was still hot. The staff were so lovely too. We didn't want to leave! We will definitely stay at the Cranleigh again and try out another suite - hopefully the Sanctuary.....

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for such a wonderful review on The Cranleigh. The Hideaway suite is one of the most popular rooms and has all the extras. We hope you do come back and try out The Sanctuary. The Cranleigh Team.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

Booked the Sanctuary suite for a weekend.

Fantastic location for exploring Lakes, very friendly and helpful staff, amazing breakfasts, no rip off mini bar prices.

The room itself detached from the main hotel is amazing, every mod con needed for a romantic weekend break. The hot tub just topped it off.

Would highly recommend.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

anyone visting bowness have got to stay at the cranleigh just to experience the pure luxury and indulgence of this establishment, the rooms are just pure luxury from the designer fittings and soft furnishings, right down to the light fittings, not to mention the mood lighting in the on suite,no detail is left unturned, everything about our room was just perfect, it made you not want to leave your room,but we did and when we got back there was rose petals on our bed, champayne on ice and luxury chocs all part of there turndown package which is avaiable, you have got to try it, we will deffinatly be back.

Room Tip: the santuary or hideway pure indulgance
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and it is great to hear that you had a great time with us. The Romantic Turndown Package is proving very popular, especially as a surprise for your partner when returning from a night out. Please visit us again soon. The Cranleigh Team.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

I would highly recommend this hotel as it has friendly staff and its a 2 minute walk to the lake. It was a lovely break away as myself or my partner had never been to the lake district and the hotel and friendly staff made it all the better.

We checked in and was shown to our room which was beautiful and had a view of the lake. it felt homely and we were at ease. The reception staff were very helpful and directed to the lakes. The room was the superior room, it was spacious and had a jet jacuzzi bath in it with a tv on the wall. it was pure luxury. lovely bath robes and ample shampoos, washes.. etc. the room and bed was tidied and cleaned everytime we went out. we would come back to find the bed made with chocolate on the pillows which was a lovely touch.

The morning breakfast was also included and it was lovely. catered for everyones needs, also i have to say the room is only small, but you always manage to find a space. the waiters attend to you as soon as you sit down and you are not waiting for ages for your breakfast. its lovely and hot, teas, coffees were served in individual teapots which was nice.

Also included was the spa facilities as the neighbouring hotel. we jumped at the chance as we enjoy spa's however was abit dissapointed as the sauna was out of use and the pool was used for childrens swimming lessons. but we made the most of what we had.

We then had a walk to the lakes and saw what was around. lovely little quirky shops to go into and so many bars, pubs and restaurants. we were spoilt for choice.

We had a horse ride up alongs the mountains. It was alot of fun and thes were amazing. If you are abit boney on the bottom like i am then i advise you to wear extra padding if you are a beginner because i was sore the next day. it was worth every minute.

We also did a boat ride, hired our ouwn boat and drove along the lake and had fish and chips along with champagne on the lake. Much to my suprise i also got a beautiful diamond ring from my lovely partner who asked me to marry him in the middle of the lake, as the sun was going down. it was the most amazing thing. it was perfect.

All in all, cranleigh is a lovely place and again i would highly recommend it for any occasion. The location is perfect as you dont have to walk far to get to the centre and the lake. stunning views from the hotel and cranliegh will always be special to me and my partner. We will definately be going again.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

The Sanctuary might look expensive for a night, but the experience is simply out of this world, and looking back I'd of paid more (just don't tell them!) We were lucky enough to pick the Sanctuary for our first night away in a long time. Our 1st Wedding Anniversary and 1st night away from our wonderful new baby boys (twins). We we're greeted with a warm welcome and shown down to the suite, to our surprise there was a bottle of champagne waiting for us, a box of chocolates and petals all over the bed... Beautiful, the music was on already and the lights set to 'moody' and after walking round the room, bathroom and hot tub area we were very excited and looking forward to a well earned rest. My wife started to get ready , but not before opening and stealing most of the chocolates and cracking open the bubbly, I'd turned on the huge tv above the vast built in fire and put my feet up, this was all in under 10 minutes of walking through the door! We got ready and went out for something to eat (May I suggest Roberto's), we ate well, had a few drinks, popped into a local bar for a few more and then went back to the room. I won't go into too much more detail, but all I'll say is I'll never forget that night! The room looks great in the day, but truly comes into it's own when the night comes, the lighting is so well thought through and sets the mood perfectly, the outside speakers around the hottub are a touch of genius, and the bathroom and especially the glass bath and huge glass and stone waterfall shower make you feel like your a rockstar (just for a night). We woke in the morning to our breakfast being delivered exactly when we'd ordered it... Yes it came to the room, such a simple idea, but kept us in our little bubble for that little bit longer. So wrapping up, I've been all over the world in some pretty cool hotels etc, but I have to say I've never had a night like it! Well done for creating such a wonderful oasis and experience, we'll be back... P.S. I'm already pricing up a huttub and waterfall shower!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for such a wonderful review on The Sanctuary Suite. You have summarised the experience in a way that encapsulates exactly what we wanted to achieve when designing the Suite. We thank you for that. The suite is ment to be your own private world while you are with us and is designed so that you can stay in your own bubble for as long as you want to. Our location is perfect also for the village and Lake which is another bonus. Breakfast is served in bed in The Hideaway Suite and The Sanctuary Suite's only. Thank you again for this detailed and thoughtful review.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Recently stayed here for two nights with my boyfriend after it was recommended by a friend.

We stayed in luxury room 6 which was a nice room with a great bathroom. Not one of the top rooms within the hotel but definitely nice enough.

We chilled out watching the big TV with a bottle of wine and didn't once hear any noise from other guests which was a change from noisy hotels I've stayed in before.

The Jacuzzi bath was big enough for two and was very relaxing. There is a TV at the end of the bath which was a nice touch. The underfloor heating and lovely shower added to the wonderful bathroom.

Breakfast in the morning was lovely and served in a beautifully decorated dining room with chilled music playing in the background.

The hotel is located in an ideal location and just a few minutes walk to some great bars and restaurants.

All in all a lovely hotel and well worth a visit.

1  Thank MidlandsBubble

Thank you for writing your review. The TV's in the bathrooms are very popular. Sitting in bubble bath with a glass of Champagne wathing TV somehow feels very good. Please visit us again. The Cranleigh team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier Collection
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier C...
#8 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
#6 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#9 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Cranleigh Boutique? Share your experiences!