“Lovely place”
Review of Bygones

Bygones
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Called in for lunch, warm welcome, great atmosphere. Loads of yesteryear memories including old phone box, old cookers and cupboards really interesting place. Highly recommendable.

1  Thank Peter P

Reviewed August 28, 2018

Following a number of visits for coffee at Bygones, we decided to treat ourslves by booking the evening meal, which is put on by Daz and team, once a month, on the last Saturday of the month. We our soon to celebrate 50 years married, and this was a great way to begin the festivities. The service was excellent, friendly and not pushy. The food was brilliant, tasty, hot and a good variety of dishes. The company and atmospher was great throughout the whole group of dinners. Thank you for a super night. to all who contributed

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I had the sea bass Special it wasn't sea bass it was like two bits of cardboard with some kind of fish I think it was mackerel but it was that bad I left it all the place gets very busy end the staff are like old school teachers I wasn't impressed

DasBygones, Owner at Bygones, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

I would like to sincerely apologise for the negative experience you had at Bygones. This does not reflect the high standards we hold. Unfortunately your review does not supply me with the date of your visit or whether you spoke to a member of staff regarding your complaint. We would always encourage our customers to please let us know if anything does not meet your expectations so we have the oppurtunity to remedy any problems you may have, even if we are busy. I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review and bringing this instance to my attention.
We do hope that you will join us another time and if you experience any problems please do not hesitate to speak to Das.
Thank you once again.

Reviewed August 22, 2018

Visited yesterday and can highly recommend food staff and all round atmosphere, it was great to step back in time and remember things from when I was a boy and explain things to my young grandson. Well done a great dining experience.

Reviewed August 16, 2018

Visited with a friend last week and we both had scones with jam and cream. They were delicious. It is a comfortable setting with so much interesting stuff to look at. The guy who runs it is very pleasant as is the young waitress with dark hair. Will definitely visit again, probably for lunch as the food that was being served to other customers looked very nice.