“Very customer focused staff, good food, excellent value”

Slater's Country Inn
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Warm, spotless and very comfortable room. Staff were genuinely courteous, professional and took trouble to ensure I felt comfortable, welcome and well fed. The pub/ restaurant was a super surprise; excellent food and wine, moderately priced. Overall, warmth, kindness, good food and excellent value for money

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I got married here on December last year and from start to finish it was the most fantastic experience!!!
We booked with Julie for our wedding ceremony and reception. From start to finish Julie and her team were absolute professionals and so friendly and helpful, especially Kath who was our co-orinator on the day and literally took all the stress out of everything for us.
We went ahead and booked the Briar Suite for the whole ceremony, wedding breakfast and reception. The room was set up with Christmas decs and twinkly lights, and was so cosy and warm. The ceremony was beautiful :) Then we had a three course meal, which was very tasty, the house wine went down very well too! And in the evening we had a disco, which Slaters arranged for us and was brilliant, the DJ was a really nice guy and very flexible, would play anything we asked for. In the evening we went for bacon baps and wedges which were perfect after what had been quite a cold December day. A few of our guests stayed over with us, and all the rooms were so comfortable. Not the most modern of decor but very very clean, the bathroom was spotless with a good hot shower and the bed was super comfy. I even saw the family rooms as we had guests in there and they are gorgeous, lovely old furniture and very very comfortable. The next morning we all regrouped for a brilliant breakfast, the waiters had lots of hot coffee and tea on tap and would get anything else we required, more juice or water for everyones sore heads. It was just the perfect finish to what had been the best day of our life.
I know we might have a slightly biased opinion given the fact it was our wedding, but Slaters is a genuine, warm place with lovely staff and just a homely atmosphere. The second we went to view it as a prospective venue, I felt so at home there as it is just so welcoming. I really believe part of the fact it was so brilliant was due to the staff and atmosphere they work so hard to create.
Even if you arent looking to get married here, I would recommend you stay if you are looking for somewhere warm and welcoming.
Thanks Slaters for an amazing experience :)

Room Tip: The family rooms are exceptional, although my Dad did say he was disturbed once or twice by lorries...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Rebecca C
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was out in the middle of nowhere with huge trailer on the back of my 4x4 with nowhere booked...it was snowing, cold & getting dark...I found the Slaters Country Inn on line and from the moment I called I was totally reassured, when I did get there it was as described and more!

More than enough space to park my vehicle with trailer with a classic car on...so naturally I was also concerned about security...however the parking was more than adequate, the cars safe and the staff from reception, bar, restaurant & the the breakfast shift were more than friendly and welcoming, plus the food, accommodation and facilities matched the staff - excellent!

And... mustn't forget the border collie that helped too... while preparing the trailer to depart a bungee rubber must have flown off & this dog would not let me go until I looked at what he/she was marking...thank you too!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have stayed here on many occasions over the last few years and have always found it to be a great experience. The staff are very welcoming, facilities excellent and the food superb. I have no hesitation recommending a stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed with friends here- mainly for it's convenient location. However, we were truly impressed by value for money; friendly and welcoming staff; great food; and comfortable rooms. Exceptional value!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night whilst we were visiting relatives. The staff were all very helpful, and as my wife has difficulty with stairs we were able to have our very excellent breakfast downstairs in the bar restaurant instead of upstairs in the usual area. The accommodation was first class.Very clean, warm and well appointed. I recommend a stay here. It was first class.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Having stayed at Slaters for several months for work (March to August 2012) I can fully recommend this hotel. The staff are friendly, thanks to Julie, Beryl, Suzy, Andy and George to name but a few. The food is exceptional but huge portions, if you are on a diet beware! Good selection of Beers and a nice unhurried service.The menu is varied and there is something for everyone. The rooms are very clean and comfortable with pretty much everything you'd need and its only a rumour Room 11 is haunted! Breakfast is cooked fresh and isnt your buffet nonsense where it dries out for hours.

The only thing to watch is if there is a wedding on during the week as it can be very noisy but thats a rare event. The countryside is lovely and there is little noise at night. I cant fault it really and I've stayed in 5* hotels around the country, for a long stay this is hard to beat especially at the room rate. Thanks guys and I'll see you again sometime. Mike H

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are best if you are there a while only because the walls seem thicker and there i...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Borough Arms Hotel
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
#4 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme...
#1 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme ...
#3 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Slater's Country Inn? Share your experiences!