“Best bar in Newcastle Under Lyme, by a mile!”
Review of Blakey's Cafe Bar

Blakey's Cafe Bar
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Best bar in Newcastle Under Lyme, by a mile!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My wife & I visited the bar on the evening of 25/05/2013, the choice of continental beers is outstanding. The décor is fresh, seating areas very comfortable, bar staff very attentive - all leading to an excellent, relaxed atmosphere.
Having had such a good evening, we returned on the morning of 26/05/2014 for breakfast. The bacon/cheese & sausage/cheese sandwiches were absolutely outstanding. Again, the staff were excellent & it was good to see the bar was populated by a good range of age groups.
We had a lovely chat with the owner of the bar & had a catch-up on how I could remember the bar under its previous 'Candles' name.
Although we live an hour's journey away, we now have our ideal 'local' and will be regular visitors.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Gareth and Jo D

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

A group of us regularly meet here and it is very relaxed and the staff are always very helpful. There is a wide range of beer and wine.

Visited April 2014
Newcastle-Under-Lyme
“Great beers, food ok”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Blakeys beer selection is second to none and the Leffe on-tap is always fantastic (too good sometimes!)

The atmosphere on a Friday night is very different to that of a Saturday night and the difference is more obvious in here than other town centre bars for some reason. Friday nights are really busy, lots of single people, louder music etc. whereas Saturday nights tend to be more chilled out with more couples etc. I prefer Saturday nights in Blakeys but this is personal choice really.

The food is good but there are certainly better places to eat in Newcastle town centre. While there isn't anything wrong with it, I feel it just lacks the 'wow' factor and it is just normal food that I would cook at home. Having said that, the food prices are very reasonable and it isn't bad by any means.

The beer and wine selection alone makes Blakeys one of my favourite places to go out so I would recommend it on that basis above the food really. Decor is really relaxed, almost mediterranian in appearance.

• Visited May 2014
Stoke, United Kingdom
“Leffe Heaven”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Went in for pizza,coffee and beer. Very nice crowd ,food excellent ,fantastic coffee, Leffe supberb My Saturday Heaven

Visited May 2014
1 Thank terry12c
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Ladies That Lunch”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

A girlfriend and I had lunch here last week. The venue is clean, and nicely decorated. The bar staff are friendly and the counter where you order food in the daytime was also clean and spotless. The lady there was most helpful and made me a larger than normal salad with the jacket potato that I wanted. Food was fresh, tasty and ample. We were very impressed.

Visited January 2014