“I couldn't find fault!!! Excellent”

Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I am always a bit dubious about staying at Premier Inns as they differ in quality and comfort in so many way. This little gem in Newcastle Under Lyme was perfect in every way. I looked for fault and couldn't find any! Firstly I was greeted by the lovely Jamie who was polite and very helpful. I had an interview the following day so wanted a quiet room. She immediately found me a room on the top floor at the end of the corridor. The room was so clean and fresh smelling and the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. There was everything that you needed in the room, from the tea and coffee making facilities, basic toiletries, hot running water, power shower and flat screen TV. You could also order pillows depending on how soft you like them. It was also so quiet. I didn't get the chance to try the restaurant as I had an interview the following day but all in all a perfect stay for me with one of the best nights sleep ever. Well done Premier Inn you have got it off to a tea!

Room Tip: Maybe stay at the back of the hotel and top floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 7, 2014

we got our rooms for 29 per night so we were pleased with the price . premier inn is the same throughout the country clean comfortable and reliable . the restaurant was brilliant for families great value for money lots of choice great staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Premier Inn Newcastle-under-Lyme

Our third Premier Inn in as many days, I'm starting to feel like a secret customer, lol!

A warm welcome awaited us on check inn with a lovely sunny receptionist. This time, a proper key instead of a key card. I find the variations between the branches fascinating!

We were in room 14 which was immaculately clean and well appointed, but you get the impression the facilities here are a few years behind those in Leamington Spa and Guildford. It just looks slightly less modern. There is no air con here, but a traditional fan was provided which was adequate.

The eatery attached to this Premier Inn was a Taybarns, which was a new experience for us! The bun fight as a restaurant business model! Imagine a cruise ship set up, lots of different food stations of different cuisines. You pay to go in and then basically eat until you go into a food coma. The tables were a little sticky, it was a bit noisy and mad, but you know what, we had fun and the food was fine, a bit of a laugh and better than McDonalds.

In the morning I asked at reception for a few more tea bags etc. for our room and they supplied us very generously and with some lovely sunny chit chat, great ladies on the reception.

Breakfast was buffet style and ok.

Overall a nice stay and thanks for a friendly welcome.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

This was our third different Premier Inn in three nights. So much so, I feel like I've been away with Lenny Henry!

This was the oldest of the three, but they keep up the standards of Premier Inn. No air con here, and that could be an issue. No road noise whatsoever.

Lovely staff, couldn't be nicer.

Don't even ask about the attached "restaurant"! Dinner was beyond comment. Breakfast was fine though.

The hotel is a little isolated, more like a business park environment. I'm not sure I'd go back.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Very efficient, clean & friendly hotel with plenty of parking. The staff were very friendly & helpful on arrival & booked a taxi for us with a very helpful & reliable taxi firm. The room was very clean comfortable & being very warm & humid the window had been opened & a fan had been turned on before our arrival making it very pleasantly cool.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ros G
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Loved this place its exactly the same ad in the tv advert. We arrived late at night and expected a tried receptionist but got a very happy and freindly man he really made us laugh. We had an amazing stay and are are planing next years trip already.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glenn J
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had a great stay. The room was clean and tidy and the staff very friendly. We will definitely be staying here again. We love the restaurant next door. The food is very good value for money and the children love the choices they have.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Toni E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central
#4 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Travelodge Stoke Talke
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel? Share your experiences!