“Fantastic Hotel!”

Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We decided to stay at this hotel as we had planned a weekend away to go and visit National Trust properties in the area.The receptionist was fantastic,explaining everything and the room eas great on the ground floor.We were facing the rear car park but absolutely no noise!
The restaurant attached is a Taybarns,and what an experience.The food eas fantastic and fresh and the staff were great too.You have to experience it.The manager who was on duty while we were there was fantastic he'll go far eithin the company.
OVERALL- GREAT EEEKEND,THANKS

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank holidaylover67

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was my second stay at the Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme and again it was a lovely stay, the room was very clean, the staff were very friendly, helpful and bubbly. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed at the above premier inn over the weekend, we had a very good stay, family room was adequate size and very clean, taynards (restaraunt attached next door) was very good value for money. If in Newcastle under Lyme I would use this premier lodge again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Very poor signage as others have commented on. The hotel postcode loaded into satnav did not take me to hotel must have wasted 20 minutes driving up and down Talke Road. You need to load Beata Road as staff member told me 'A lot of people have trouble finding us using satnav'. Check in was quick. Two condenser pumps seemed to be under my Room 56 which belched out noisy steam intermittently. No idea why they were there. The TV was set at right angles to the bed which gave me a stiff neck watching it. The bathroom was like an icebox with no heating in it. Room heat had a limiter to 23C (unfortunately common in many Premier Inns now) which is all about cost saving not guest comfort. It was 20C when I woke up during the night (probably another cost saving auto setting that they hope you won't spot while you're asleep). I had asked for the heating to be on when I made my booking ...but it wasn't ...it was at its base level of 18 C. I was going to complain ...but no phone in the room ...just a phone number (!) ...but I'd left my mobile in the car. There was no one at reception desk at 8.00am and I just couldn't hang around (no bell on desk). The restaurant was a real experience to the uninitiated ..it was an 'eat all you can for £17.99 for family of four' - that's £4.50 each - so every family for miles around was taking advantage of the incredible value on offer. Hence why the restaurant (a new Taybarn) and the hotel car park were full. The dining experience was like eating in a noisy creche. You had to book too as it was so busy. Having said this the food (good variety...Italian, Oriental, Carvery etc) and service was OK ...but not what I had in mind for a quiet dinner.

Room Tip: Avoid Room number 56 and any around the condenser pumps. Go on the other side of hotel to back car p...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Really good staff, good parking, difficult road access, but hotel is 'tired'. Could do with a make over, some paint and better plumbing please- try sleeping staff in rooms to see what they might improve here.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Longranger123
Reviewed February 5, 2014

fire doors permanently propped open making it, in my professional opinion, the most dangerous hotel I've stayed in recently, I don't rate anyone's chances if there is a fire. heater in the room was not adequate for British winter time, each time I turned the heating up on the control panel it would only stay there about 10 minutes before clicking back to 18 degrees so take extra clothes and/or blankets. Bed was comfortable, breakfast was reasonable. Adjoined restaurant wa a Taybarn, probably great if you have young children but VERY noisey, buffet food was schoold dinner standard but cheap, I'd recommend driving further down the A34 for better food options.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. We do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We would like the opportunity to investigate further, please email your booking details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will be in contact directly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is a typical Premier Inn experience although the décor and furnishings are of the older standard (shower in bath etc) - but very clean and comfortable as you would expect with very friendly and helpful staff. I do wish Premier would provide two comfortable chairs in double rooms when watching TV.

The attached restaurant is a Tay Barn (Tally Ban!) which is an absolutely dreadful experience! OK it gives choices of a wide variety of meals but my fried fish was not cod or haddock but the really cheap, soft and slimy Vietnamese river fish. From that I deduced that all raw ingredients are the cheapest possible. The noise was cacophonous and the atmosphere was of children and young adults in a feeding frenzy.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
No photo provided
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
1 mi away
Travelodge Stoke Talke
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel? Share your experiences!