“One night away”

Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“One night away”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Me and my partner stayed here as it was an ideal location for going to Alton Towers. When we arrived the staff were lovely and very helpful providing all the information we needed for our stay for our evening meal and breakfast. The room was comfortable and a very good size, the room was very warm but once the window was opened it was fine. The room was very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: We were on the back of the hotel away from the main road so was quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here on a very busy Saturday night whilst visiting family in the area. I only have one complaint. The bar shut early. The staff, room, food, cleanliness were all spot on. Earlier it was so busy that I couldn't get a pint so I went out for one locally. upon my return I was told that because it was quiet they had closed the bar. Upon my check inn I was told that I could be served up to midnight. A big let down for me Premier Inn but despite that, I still think that you are excellent and I will visit again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dorchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We all had a really good night here. The staff were really friendly and helpful; found and printed us a map to our destination. The hotel was in quite a quiet location, but close to a main road. The room was immaculate, the bed very comfy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Room 67. The room was fine but the mattress very hard and you could feel the springs. We asked if it was possible to put a duvet on as a mattress topper and this was done no problem. On leaving the hotel we were asked by the Receptionist if everything was ok. After 3 nights on the mattress with the duvet topper we told her this was the first time we had experienced such a problem at Premier Inns. The Receptionist stated that all the rooms had recently had new mattresses and they therefore would take a bit of time to soften! So guys in future when you book, remember to book a room with a run in mattress or you will have a problem! Note to Receptionist -do not assume all customers are plonkers !

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stevenrl
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The hotel is set back from the main road, next to the orange pub (use Beata Road on SatNav). The staff are very friendly and the hotel has a lift. It's fairly quiet - there's some noise from the road, but it's not overpowering. Unfortunately there's no cut-through on the dual carriageway - you have to keep doubling back around the roundabouts at either end (best part of a mile from the hotel). The car park is fairly large, but is shared with the pub so can get busy.

The room was fairly standard, though some furniture looked tired. There was plenty of hot water - though the kettle was too big for the sink, making it awkward to fill!

Breakfast is served next door, but you can access the restaurant without going outside. I'd like to see more Premier Inn staff use utensils or gloves when handling unwrapped croissants, but maybe that's just me.

Before I went out for the evening, I asked at reception if the front door would be locked later. The receptionist assured me it would not, and that someone would be on reception 24/7 in any case. I returned at 12.50am to find the front door locked and no-one on reception. Great. I rang the bell - no response. I rang it again, and eventually the night porter let me in, and told me my room key would have opened the front door. It would have been helpful if the receptionist earlier had told me that, before I stood alone in the car park waiting to be let in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sometimesong
Fife, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have stopped at this hotel twice. The hotel is fair, however it is spoiled by being attached to an all you can eat restaurant. I have had the misfortune to eat there once both for an evening meal and a breakfast. We had to wait half an hour for items been cooked at breakfast. The evening meal event resembles what I can only describe as a pig sty. With non patrons behaving like such. I may stop at hotel due to convenience of relatives being close. The restaurant I will never step into in its current state. I have stopped in eight different Premier Inns. If I could put a minus figure for the so called restaurant I would. Come on Premier Inn. This not your usual standard.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark T
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great price to stay here, staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms are looking a little tired now, but bed was very comportable. No air conditioning or in-room safe. Suggest take any valubles with you when leaving the room, we did, but still a bottle of expensive cologne disapeared.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Borough Arms Hotel
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
#4 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel? Share your experiences!