“Great Prem Inn but bring a Packed Lunch!”

Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel
Reviewed February 18, 2013

As always the Premier Inn was superb. Great room, fab nights sleep, clean and tidy and very accessible. You cannot knock the place!

The problem was with this Inn was the pub/resturant next door. Newcastle under Lyme is a small village from what I can see and it was as if all the village folk decended on this place on the Saturday evening when I stayed, so it was impossible for me to have a meal there. So that disappointed.

Overall 6.5/10

Room Tip: I stayed in room 69 which was has good as any.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night when visiting Alton Towers.

The Premier Inn itself is the same as any other - you know exactly what you're getting - but all-you-can-eat buffet format of Taybarns seems to attract an undesirable clientele.

We arrived at 18:30 on Friday night and were greeted by Jamie on reception - who has perfected getting the Premier Inn 'we do the Good Night Guarantee so just contact reception if you need anything' sentence out in the shortest time possible, which we were grateful of as we are no strangers to PI's but understand they have to say certain things to every single guest.

We made a booking for dinner - good thing too as the place was packed with queues right to the door. Not a nice atmosphere to eat your dinner in, so we were pretty quick in taking what we wanted, eating up and leaving. The food itself was fresh and well-prepared, and for the price the buffet was very good value.

If we stay at this Premier Inn again we will definitely be looking into eating elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We arrived on Saturday hoping there would be some free rooms as the hotel we were staying at was awful utterly terrible so we needed a clean warm hotel for me my 3 yr old daughter, my friend and her 2 yr old son.

Thankfully they had 2 rooms and we were glad to pay the extra it cost to stay here.

Rooms where clean tidy and we both had a double and single bed in them which was brilliant, everything worked fine and everything was how it should be.

The downside was the bed was very hard and lumpy but I could live wi it just about, but the worst thing was the noise from upstairs, you could hear everything even when they went to the loo, thankfully by 11pm it stopped and I could sleep.
Heating went off in the night so we woke up to a cold room which wasnt great.

We ate breakfast in the adjoining taybarns ( typical taybarns ).

I'm happy without stay and thankful they could accommodate us at such short notice

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Clean, comfortable, good value, really good premier inn. The breakfast was great but I would give the Taybarn a miss for evening meal as not a good experience. Would certainly recommend staying here. Premier Inns have really improved recently and keep getting better.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Really friendly and helpful staff, comfy beds and great value for a family stopover with children. Free breakfasts for under 16s is a winner. Breakfast was pretty good for the price and I would definitely use Premier Inn again. The good night guarantee fills me with confidence that they are not just trying to provide cheap and nasty accommodation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Wednesday 30th January 2013. The Premier Inn is next to and adjoining a Taybarn restaurant. The reception was very good and the staff were very helpful and polite. They asked the usual questions that are asked when you stay at a Premier Inn and did offer to book a table at the Taybarn as it was very busy. I stayed in room 21 on the ground floor. There is a lift for the other floors. The room I had was clean and comfortable. The room was quiet and I did not notice any noise. The fan in the bathroom was a little noisy and came on when the bathroom light was turned on. I paid £59.00 for the room and £5.25 for the continental breakfast. This was in the Taybarn and was very good. All in all a very pleasant stay and the staff at the Premier Inn do make the difference.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel and further from the Taybarn may be quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel due to workmen being at the House and we found the Hotel to be really good.Although the parking is quite bad if you go to the back of the building there are lots of spaces.The Resturant next door was full but we didn't have any problems with noise.The staff were excellant.Would highly recomend.Good price too.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central
#4 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
Travelodge Stoke Talke

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel? Share your experiences!