Clayton Lodge Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6(Newcastle-under-Lyme)
  • Pool
Plough Motel(Stoke-on-Trent)
Borough Arms Hotel(Newcastle-under-Lyme)
North Stafford Hotel(Stoke-on-Trent)
  • Room Service
Wheatsheaf Hotel(Stoke-on-Trent)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Travelling from Northern Scotland to Devon, I wanted to find a Hotel to break the journey and chose this Hotel based on what I considered to be best value for money. The Hotel is just about 1 and a half miles off Junction 15 of the M6 and very easy to find.
There is ample parking which is free and upon arrival I was welcomed by friendly and attentive reception staff. The rooms are adequate and comfortable and you can be assured of a comfortable night's sleep. The Bar is if of a very pleasant design with very comfortable seating. (Happy hour is between 5 and 8 pm) Exceptionally good food available from the restaurant or as a Bar Meal. Local pubs nearby if you just want cheaper option of Pub Grub.
A superb buffet breakfast awaits you in the morning: Continental or full English, leaving you ready to continue with your journey. Chosen initially on value for money but pleasantly surprised with the exceptional high standards of service and comfort. When I next drive South, I will always choose to break my journey at the Grand National. Thank you to all the Staff and very well done!

Room Tip: I had abooked a single room and the room had a comfortable double bed.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2013

In need of better bed linen, towels etc. Window would not lock, no fan in red hot weather, no hot water for 40 mins. Need I go on? Ok. View out of window was scruffy overgrown wasteland. The good thing was the lad on reception. Funny and friendly! Lots of car parking and close to the motorway

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife,daughter (15) and I had booked to stay here for 3 nights. We stayed one night. I had an A4 page of issues, which I gave the General manager. She promised to be in touch; I am still waiting.

No drinking water in any rooms - yes and I mean from the taps.

But they did give us a jug of water and 3 glasses. OK I had to ask four times and eventually get it myself but hey!!

There was no air-con so it was warm and we asked for a fan, Yep we got it and this time I only had to visit reception 3 times for it.

We were in room 26, lovely big room, well the floor creaked VERY LOUDLY and what are a few nails sticking up beneath the carpets.

The female receptionist was nice, mind you she did tell us she did not do"service" so why I should have expected any I don't know.

The barman/night porter/breakfast waiter were all one and the same person; he was genuinely helpful but had too much to do.

I could go on about the dirt, cobwebs, lampshades falling apart, poor internet connection; but hopefully you get the picture.

Advice: Don't bother stopping.

Room Tip: book somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

booked two family rooms and a single which were confirmed online via e mail. Travelled 5 hours to be told they only had one standard room and a single and couldnt accomodate us... eventually gave us a broken z bed and I slept on the floor, sorry lay on the floor awake until I could leave at 7am! My daughter and her friend shared a single room and were kept awake all night by a drunk with his TV on full volume despite the 17 year old receptionist/ bar tender/ housekeeper/ porter entering his room at 2 am to swith off- Fawlty Towers it is not at least that was funny! Do not waste a moment of your time even thinking of going here- the streets would be a more comfortable option!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Nearly cancelled booking when I read reviews but actually went ahead Foyer etc were fine rooms ok but yes they did need a good carpet clean Staff really friendly and helpful Good position for traveling around

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business