“loosing it's touch”

Rare Lounge Bar & Steakhouse Newcastle
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Our speciality is thick, juicy, succulent, and tasty steaks, which our Chefs will char grill to your preference. We use only 28 day matured, locally sourced and Best of British Blackgate beef that we believe is the best in the area. For non steak lovers and non meat eaters our Head Chef has created an exciting array of dishes to tantalise your taste buds including delicious salads, chicken, fish, home made burgers and fajita dishes, as well as a good range of Starters, and delicious Desserts to finish you meal. Open all day from 9:30am Monday -Saturday until Midnight and from 12pm until 11pm on a Sunday, serving the only unlimited breakfast in Newcastle for just £7.95, and Lunch for under a fiver. We have full disabled access and children are welcome, and catered for with their own menu.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have been to Rare a couple of times and always liked it but this time wasn't very good. The service was quite slow and we ended up having to call for a waiter. The place wasn't busy only about 4 tables were occupied.The meal that I had wasn't good at all. The steake was quite tough and had a lot of fat thourhg it and the jacket potate that I had had been microwaved and not finished in the oven so it was pale and not cooked through. We did leave comments on the comment card which the waiter looked, and we also said the food wasn't up to it's usual standard but he was less than interested.
I don;t think that I will be going again as Wetherspoons next door do much better stakes and are £5 cheaper.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went to Rare with a group of girls i went to school with and not seen for 5-6yrs perfect establishment to eat, and catch up. The restaurant itself was very nice, love the big silver bull.
The staff as a whole were friendly (especially Leanne she was lovely). The first waitress came to take our order but I was still waiting to order a drink.
The food was reasonably priced. The starter platter was great value for money and really tasty. I usually have a medium rare steak but most places go over so I asked for rare and I was right to do so as I'd class their rare steak as a medium rare, no blood but nice and pink.
EXCELLENT location!!! Next door to Wetherspoons and short walking distance to Yates and other nighttime establishments.
Would go again but I wouldn't rave about it or go on a date with my husband there

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We all the time very very good food very good service. I love the mixed grill and cocktails. Excellent steak house in the centre of Newcastle-under-Lyme.

2  Thank TheElephantGuy
Reviewed March 26, 2013

After being a regular in RARE for several months I thought itd only be fair to write a review.
Food quality (and quantity the portions are huge!) Is outstanding such an extensive menu cooked to perfection combined with the fantastic front of house staff,who are so polite and attentive make RARE the number 1 place in newcastle to dine!

2  Thank sharone1974
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend visited this Steakhouse Restaurant tonight for a meal, The place was decorated modern and very nicely with a large Silver Bull as the focal point of the Restaurant. It was lovely and warm which was pleasing as it was freezing outside.
Our waitress was a lovely girl called Tara who looked after us throughout our meal and was very knowledgeable on the menu and wine list. We had a Mushroom Alfredo and Bbq ribs to start followed by a Ribeye steak and Fillet Steak with a pepper sauce and jack daniels glaze sauce. I have to say the food quality was excellent combined with very good service from the waitress made the night very enjoyable and we will no doubt be returning to eat in Rare again soon and would reccomendv it to anyone.

2  Thank amelia g