“Great meal with friends”
Review of Barn India

Barn India
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Been open about 6 mths,Doing very well.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Had a dinner for seven people, including three children. The restaurant has a large car park and is spacious with high ceilings. Service excellent and a wide choice. King prawn tandoori excellent. Normally busy despite rural location. Warm welcome every time.

There are newer reviews for Barn India

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This restaurant came highly recommeded for me and my wife with locality an absolute bonus after the best curry we have both experienced. The restaurant is set in classy surrounds with tables and menus set up for the fine dining experience the food well and truely supports. The value is second to none and as our now local Indian restaurant will tonight return for the consecutive Friday with my parents. Great for couples and famlies.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Excellent rural-style setting in a spacious, converted (yes, you've guessed it) barn ! People not used to this part of the World will have to google it as it is a 20 minute or so drive from Newcastle-under-Lyme, near Stoke, but well worth the trip and the service was warm and welcoming, as is the food.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have eaten at Barn India's sister restaurant, the London House in Eccleshall for many years and have always enjoyed the food there. Barn India is equally good. The decor is stylish and the service is excellent. The food is lovely, I usually have the Balti Chicken Shashlick and can recommend. Also, the wine list is great with good quality wines that are not exorbitantly priced. We will divide our curry eating between here and the London House!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I had never heard of this restaurant until I went to a chilli festival at nearby Dorothy Clive gardens, so top marks for marketing (and giving out vouchers to encourage people to try it).
The building is a converted barn and no expense has been spared with fixtures and fittings, retaining lots of character and making it an interesting alternative to most Indian restaurants.
When we arrived the chill-out music they were playing seemed a bit loud, but as the restaurant filled up it was okay and the place had a good atmosphere. I would say "upmarket but casual".
Service was attentive and friendly, and whilst things slowed down a little once it got busy I never felt like it was an issue. Food quality and quantity was good with a lots of choice on the menu and given the quality of the surroundings I thought it was reasonably priced (and the voucher made it even better).
My only minor criticism is that if you are going to invest in a Bose audio system, you need more than one CD! I personally find it quite irritating to listen to the same music two or three times over the course of a meal.
Anyway, despite the fact that this is a half hour drive from where we live and there are plenty of Indian restaurants which are nearer, we will definitely visit again.