“Excellent experience”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Booked a meal for 5 people on Friday 26th April 2013. The pub was bustling with people and atmosphere. The menu was varied and the food was excellent. Words cannot describe how good the service was, the young lady who served us all night was curtious, friendly, bubbly and always pleasant. Would recommend this pub and will certainly be going back again soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

As the title suggests, have always had pleasant visits here with nice staff however, I booked a specific table for my boyfriends birthday as he loved it here but when we turned up there was a large party sitting at that very table and did not look like they were going anywhere. Told the bar staff I had booked and she went off to talk to the manager (I think she was anyway). After 30mins of waiting we were led to a table downstairs (not the one I'd asked for) under a draughty window. When I asked whether our table had been booked, she replied yes, but a party of 8 had come in so they had to be accommodated. No apology offered and I felt embarrassed as this was supposed to be a birthday meal. We are both quite loath to go again after this.

5  Thank Geministar101
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We have eaten here a good few times since it changed hands and it never disappoints! It's not easy to find a well kept traditional pub that hasn't had the full makeover these days and the slightly shabby edge of the place adds to the ambience! The pies are outstanding, mini works of art and big too, packed full of beef. On the beef note its one of the only places I know to serve rare roast beef, amazing! The sausages are well sourced and the chips are hand cut gems! What with a lovely selection of real ales and open log fires you really can't go wrong! Of you like real food in a real pub you will love this place.

1  Thank Cannonfodd3r
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I went to the Mainwaring arms with some friends for a night out & it was a lovely local English pub. Serves very good food, good beer & overall I'd definitely come back.

1  Thank IanMakinson1
Reviewed April 10, 2013

By which I mean warm, friendly & welcoming with a good choice of beers, interesting menu presented well in excellent quantity within a building full of nooks & crannies. A good mixture of passing trade, regular visitors & locals.
Friendly competent staff - well worth repeat visits