“Brilliant over night hotel”

Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
Reviewed March 30, 2010

rooms were extremely comfortable , spotlessly clean and despite being so close to M6 very quiet. We had a double and a double sofa bed ,TV limited channels ,hairdryer , tea and coffee making , bathroom was a bit on the small-side but clean and loads of towels for everyone.

kids loved the pool,sauna and hot tub which we used in the evening and again before leaving, we were given nice clean towels to use at the pool.

Breakfast great full english ,ceral,fruit,yoghurt, toast and dainish lovely coffee and juices.

great two for one pub 2 mins up the road for tea.

overall a realy good hotel for an overnight break will be back

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed March 19, 2010

I had an afternoon meeting nearby and as I had to head south the next day I spotted that this hotel was within 60 seconds of Junction 15 of the M6 and thought it a good place to base myself for the evening. Finding it from the Motorway is very simple with ample car parking but if you arriving by any other method you'll find this hotel too far out of the city centre to be of any use, it really is aimed at the car-based traveller.

Check in was fine with pleasant, well informed staff, in fact I found everyone I dealt with there to be friendly and efficient. The room was big enough and as basic as I'd want it to be for one night and given the proximity to the motorway the road traffic noise did not disturb my sleep at all. The bathroom was a lesson in ergonomics, i.e. small and you could wash your feet in the bath whilst sat on the toilet and brushing your teeth at the same time, all without overstretching. Having said that everything was there and it was immaculately clean and for me that's critically important. One disappointing note though was the shower which barely had any power behind it and wasn't really up to the standard you'd expect in a modern hotel. Having said that it was enough eventually to get clean.

Overall a recommendation for this hotel from me but perhaps more as a place to stop on your way to somewhere rather than as the destination in its own right.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2010

We stayed overnight at the hotel after visiting Splash Landings the Alton Towers Waterpark and found the overall experience excellent.The reception staff were very friendly and informative and the bar and restuarant areas modern.We found the restuarant and staff excellent with the food price reasonable especially with our 2 young children eating free I would recommend the £8.95 2 course buffet . Our room was clean with all the facilities you would expect including an excellent shower.Breakfast is buffet style with quality branded cerials as well as full english.The leisure facilities were also excellent and as you dont have to check out until noon their is plenty of time for a swim.The hotel doesnt look much from the outside however dont let it put you off appears to be very clean and well run with plenty of staff to assist would definately recommend

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2010

Stayed here with 4 colleagues overnight.
When we arrived my colleagues checked in absolutely fine, but the hotel had got myself booked in under the wrong name. We explained to the receptionist that it was a block booking and that the 5th room was for myself,but she was very unhelpful and kept saying that if the "H Wyndle" (the incorrect name) turned up there were no free rooms.
Eventually she took our word for it and allowed me to check in.
Upon getting to my room I was more than happy, the bed was comfy, plenty of pillows, nice and warm and it had a bath not just a shower!
Slept really well and in the morning the breakfast was absolutely fine, plenty of fresh food brought out.
I would definitely stay here again if in the area

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2010

This is a pretty standard Holiday Inn. Nothing really good, nothing really bad. I have stayed there several times this year and each trip has been the same. i will always stay here because of the ease of the M6.

The food, beer (Stella £3.95 per pint!) and internet are extortionate. Take a trip into town and get yourself out and about. I have been to a couple of good curry houses and a Spanish Tapas restaurant.

Breakfast is average but it has a good selection of items to choose from like cereals, fruit and English breakfast.

As with most Holiday Inn's its comfortable with standard rooms. This one is no exception but thats exactly what you expect.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2010

My family and I were all looking forward to a night away with the kids, something we hadn't done before. Half of us arrived early with the kids to take full advantage of using the pool. Upon arrival we were asked to make a payment, which I thought was very strange as we had paid in full over a month ago. I explained this to the receptionist but she was adament then that we had only paid for the evening meal. After a further few minutes she agreed that we had paid in full. We were given our card keys and were told rooms were just up the stairs along the corridor. This wasn't the case, we had a very long walk! When we entered our room we noticed that we were short of one bed. As we have two children we were expecting one double bed and two singles. There was only one double and one single. When I phoned down to reception she told me that they would have to share a bed, I explained to her that they were boy and girl, then she questioned how old there were, I said they are both 7. I was disguisted that they thought it was ok for them to share a single bed! After about 20mins waiting for a call back from reception, I decided to go down to see them. Eventually a supervisor came to see me and offered to put up a Z bed. Whilst walking away from reception another member of staff said "So are you going to get of your room then" very abruptly. The children were dissapointed as they really wanted to go straight to the pool. After a little wait they sorted out the Zbed and we could finally go to the pool. Later on my parents arrived and reception asked for payment and said it's just bed & breakfast isn't it. My parents explained that they had already paid for 4 families in November, for DB&B. It was the same receptionist who questioned me about payment.
Dinner was being served from 7:30pm, were slightly delayed due to problems with the shower. We all enjoyed our meal, but service was a bit poor, the waiter didn't ask if we wanted any drinks and at the end of the meal we were given a coffee cup, but nobody served us coffee. Eventually after about 30mins we were able to track down a member of staff. My partner and I had a terrible night sleep due to the bed being so uncomfortable, it was like sleeping on an ironing board.
Breakfast was very good, couldn't fault it at all, however one member of staff seemed very rude.
I would have to say that this hotel served good food, very clean, but lack of service, rudness of staff and a very hard bed meant that we wouldn't come back.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
WendyHotel, Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2010

Dear Rcaheal,

Thank you for taking the time to pass your comments with regard to your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent. I was really sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction during your time with us.

Our family rooms are advertised as a double bed, with a double sofa bed and due to the configuration of the rooms it is not possible for us to put additional beds into the rooms. I am really sorry that this was not clarified to you at the booking stage; however I was pleased to note that we did provide you with an additional bed. I am sorry about the confusion with regard to the pre payment, I have spoken to all of my team with regard to this to ensure that they check our guest’s pre payments etc; however we do usually take a pre authorisation of all guest credit cards at the time of arrival.

The Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent has recently rebranded and as such has just had new Hypnos beds, which offer complete sleep slumber. I was pleased that breakfast was good,

I am really sorry that you found some of my team did not extend your the usual high standards of courtesy that we usually offer, and I am sorry that you did not highlight this at the time as it would have enabled us to act on this swiftly.

I hope that your experiences have not deterred you from returning, and I would be more than happy if you would give us the opportunity of redeeming ourselves by contacting me directly and I will ensure that we make your next stay an enjoyable one.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Regards

Wendy J Wortley

Reviewed December 13, 2009

Nice rooms, nice public areas, nice pool and gym, decent breakfast, good value, but nothing that really stands out as extra special.

The usual rip off internet access here and a bit of a trek from reception to most of the rooms. All in all, if you get a good rate, you will find this a decent enough stay, if you don't, you wont!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#1 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme...
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent

Been to Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6? Share your experiences!