“Enjoyable stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6

Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
“Enjoyable stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights with another couple. We are from cardiff and we were attending an event in the Britannia stadium on the Saturday so we stayed here which was a 5min taxi ride away Friday and sat night.
The staff were friendly on the reception desk. We had breakfast both morning! It was good with good choices but found it a bit over priced! We also had our evenings meal here on the sat night, if was an enjoyable meal, the waiter did forget some of our sides but was apologetic and we didn't mind too much, we did wait longer that usual for drinks also and again I found it very over priced.
The rooms were clean and what I expected for the price we paid. We both had a decent sleep and over all we enjoyed our stay!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Janey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Lah00005

Thank you for your positive comments following your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Stoke. The staff do try and go that extra mile to ensure that the guests have a great stay.

I am delighted that you found the team to be friendly, rooms clean and a good choice for breakfast. I am sorry that there was some confusion over your side orders.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Janey Sheehan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Generally fine room but overall disappointing. We stayed one night in a family room, for four of us. They hadn't prepared the fourth bed, or even left the bedding and towels for it, and we would have happily made it up. They did do it once requested, but receptionist not the happiest person. Also they then charged us for dinner in the restaurant which we didn't use at all. No wifi access unless you are a gold or above member of the loyalty scheme which seems a bit much these days, when you can get free wifi pretty much anywhere and everywhere else, even a small independent hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear nicki87

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience following your recent stay. The comfort and enjoyment of our guests is very important to us and I am sorry that we did not achieve the high standards of service we aim for. I will share your comments with my Housekeeper and Front Office Team.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back when you are next in the local area so we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nothing outstanding about this place, disabled facilities where slow and difficult. No hot water in the disabled room and no apology or offer of a discount. Unacceptable as my disabled 83 year old mother had to wash in cold water.
Ate in the restaurant as it was difficult to get out with a disabled person, food fairly average, certainly nothing to write home about.

Room Tip: Have stayed in better. Pick a night there is not a wedding going on.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear 55skippy95

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I am sorry you encountered some issues with the water in your accessible room. There is a thermostatic control on the water system however this can we altered to change the water temperature. I am uncertain if you contacted reception as we would have able to send maintenance to check the system to ensure that the thermostatic was set correctly. I apologise for any discomfort or inconvenience caused to your mother.

During your stay I believe we had a large number of children staying in the hotel as there was a gymnastics event in the local area. We do advise all groups that we have other guests in the hotel and do request that they ensure that noise is kept to a minimum. Regrettably this clearly did not happen and I am sorry if you were disturbed.

I do appreciate you taking the time to feedback us and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back when you are next in the local area so we can regain your confidence in the hotel.

chester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stay in too many hotels and have in those pitifully lonely moments whilst sat alone in the hotel bar pretending to be content with my own company, ponder why me and 10's of others are spending hard earned cash in the said establishment.
Drop the holiday , call it ...Inn (need)
The phrase penny pinching springs to mind. One of the few places I have stayed where I want to donate toiletries ...rather than pinch the freebies.
The staff were lovely , very friendly and helpful, trying hard and almost succeeding to polish a festering turd, whatever gloss you put on it, it still smells and don't want really want to be there

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Janey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Bobcat M

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent stay. I am pleased that you found the staff to be lovely, very friendly and helpful.

I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would be grateful if you would contact me at the hotel to clarify what issues you encountered so I can address your concerns.

Once again please accept my apologies and I look forward to speaking to you.

Janey Sheehan

Travelers are raving about these Newcastle-under-Lyme hotels

Horsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel as from down South and wanted to have a cheap hotel to stay for 2 night as visiting alton towers. When we arrived the guy behind the reception desk was fantastic. Was a good laugh and was able to give up directions to a tesco/petrol station. Room was clean, comfy bed with nice pillows. Plenty of towels and tea making facility. One little ask, please put decaf tea in bedrooms. Breakfast was good, plenty to have especially the selection of fruit, cereals and fresh fruit juice. My other half said the cooked food was nice. We also had a meal the the restaurant on our 2nd night. Food was outstanding. Tad expensive. The young waitress was very rude, she can't be bothered to be there and really let it down. Young boy called Sian was a very good waiter. Nothing was to much to ask.
Would defiantly stay here again as a cheap alton towers crash pad!
Would recommend certain staff have a refresh on customer service training. Can't fault it other than that.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Janey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Paige H

Thank you for taking the time to tell about your stay, we appreciate your positive comments. The team do try and go that extra mile to make sure every guest has a great stay and I am delighted that you have recognised the receptionist and Sion for their guest service although I am disappointed that the waitress was rude. This is not acceptable and I will share your comments with my Food & Beverage Manager.

As you say we are very well located for Alton Towers and I am pleased that you found the rooms to be clean, the beds comfy and the meals good.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Stoke.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I had couple visits to Stoke on Trent and I have stayed in couple hotels around the area. I would rate this hotel as an average but I will choose to stay again as I haven't found a better hotel in this area yet. Sometimes it is a bit overpriced, plus you need to purchase internet if you want a wifi.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Lia J

Thank you taking the time to feedback about your stay. The team do work very hard to make a difference to the guest experience and I am appreciate that you have recognised this.

If you are a Elite member of IHG Rewards then WiFI is complimentary and from the 1st July 2014 WiFi will also be complimentary for our base members.

I am pleased that you would stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.

Argyll
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

The layout of this hotel is very confusing. On trying to find our room from reception we were going upstairs then downstairs then up again dragging and lifting our luggage behind us. No lift available at any point.

It's an average Holiday Inn, nothing special. As with other Holiday Inns, the choice at breakfast is superior to Holiday Inn Express but is not included in the price.

The plus point is its location for people travelling north or south on the M6 for an overnight stopover.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear jerry_rugby

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your stay, as you say the hotel is conveniently located, just off the motorway, convenient for Alton Towers, Trentham Gardens and the Potteries.

I am very sorry that on this occasion your stay did not meet your expectations and would like to apologise for this. I will share your feedback with my Head Chef and my Operations Manager so they can investigate and take the appropriate action. The comfort and enjoyment of all our guests is very important to us and I am disappointed that the waiter did not deal with your comments as this is not to our normal standards of guest service. I will feedback your comments to my Operations Manager and we will ensure that all staff are retrained on handling guest feedback proactively.

I note your comments regarding some of the TV stations being unavailable, this was a result of the company amending the frequency that feed the HD stations. We are in the process of working with our suppliers to rectify the issue. Unfortunately this is beyond our control, however all of these stations were available on digital channels

Once again thank you for your comments and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Janey Sheehan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke-On-Trent Hanley Moat House Hotel
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme...
#1 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6? Share your experiences!