“A happy accident”

Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Having tried to stay at the fully occupied Travelodge at the previous services to junction 15 m6, I was advised by the helpful reception chap, to try here - so I did, and what a lovely surprise.
This hotel was probably the best Holiday Inn I have stayed at, the staf were excellent, rooms very well kept, and in the restaurant at breakfast I enjoyed the best waiter - servered Starbucks I've ever had (I thought they were all supposed to be the same, but that just ain't true to my palate).

so 10 out of 10 on all counts, and I will go out of my way to stay there again.

Room Tip: Anything on the ground floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Janey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to feedback following your recent stay. I am so pleased that you had a great stay and that you found the rooms to be well kept. The team work really hard to ensure that every guest has a fantastic stay and will be very happy to read your comments.

Once again many thanks for your positive comments and for scoring us 5 out of 5. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Friendly staff, busy atmosphere but rooms a little tired
Breakfast excellent and staff could not have been more helpful
Pool good as is hot tub
Best to go for an upgraded room rather than the small standard room

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank grbucket
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear grbucket,

Thank you for your feedback. It is nice to know that you found our staff to be accommodating and the breakfast served was excellent for your needs. It is always nice to receive this type of feedback from our valued guests like you.

We hope to have an opportunity of hosting you again soon should your travels bring you back to the area.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 12, 2013

This HI felt much more like a HIE than a HI.
On check in, I was met by a friendly enough receptionist, but she must have been tired, preoccupied or just bored. I gave my name, and she found my details eventually in the priority club section. At this point, I should have been asked various questions and had some details confirmed back to me, as well as recognition as a platinum member. I got nothing. No confirmation that I was there two nights, no confirmation that breakfast wasn't included (and did I want breakfast vouchers), no confirmation if I had stayed their before, no confirmation of breakfast times, no confirmation of WiFi details. I was given my room key, and a points voucher (was not given a choice if I preferred a drink voucher instead). I had to ask if there were any upgrades ("No" - without checking), and if there was an iron in the room (No - but one was sent up). I know this is not true of all reception staff, as I observed other team members later that evening when checking in other guests, and they managed to ask and confirm everything with a smile.
The rooms are basic, but comfortable enough. There was no "do not disturb" sign and the shower gel was not replaced,which was annoying.
Drinks are very expensive. The food (for a fussy vegetarian) was nice enough, but nothing exciting. Portion sizes are good. I did order lunch as room service one day (£15 for a sandwich, fries and a soft drink) which was fresh and delivered promptly.
I ate dinner at the restaurant on both evenings - restaurant was comfortable, and the service was great. I must mention Craig, who was excellent.
Unfortunately, on check out, I had the same lady who checked me in. I had been overcharged for the newspapers and the Wifi, which - thankfully - was quickly sorted. I was not asked if I had enjoyed my stay, or if there were any issues.
I did ask to speak to the duty manager so I could provide my feedback to them directly, but was told "they weren't available".

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear nikypLondon,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to note that you liked our restaurant service and comfortable rooms. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It is regrettable to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay and in particular with non-recognition of your IHG Rewards Club Rewards membership status. I apologize for the unsatisfactory customer service at the front desk. Rest assured that this isn't reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves. We want our guest to have a pleasant and professional experience when interacting with our staff. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future and provide you with the service you deserve and expect from us.

We value you as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 8, 2013

The family stayed at this hotel mostly because it was the on,y one with pool facilities in the area and convenient to our destination. The rooms are a little weary, and it seems that this hotel is in need of a facelift and may be a step away from becoming a little run down. The bathrooms were in need of some some regrouting and the bath sealant was stained black with mould. Just small jobs that mean so much. The restaurant was sooo overpriced and we paid almost £9.00 for a glass of medioca white wine! Yes I would recommend staying here, but avoid the restaurant, eat somewhere nice where you will get value for money

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Janey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you for your feedback; I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review highlighting not only the bad but the good aspects of your stay.

As you mention the hotel is very conveniently located just off the M6, making it ideal for Alton Towers, Trentham Gardens and The Potteries. I am disappointed that you found the rooms to be in need of refurbishment and I will share your comments with my housekeeping and maintenance teams so they can address these issues. I am sorry that you feel that our prices for food and drinks are expensive, we do regularly check that we are comparable in the local market. I am, however, delighted that you would recommend staying here.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

old holiday inn in need of some refurbishment not offered upgrade but room clean. the wood was splintering around base of bathroom door would have to be carful if in bare feet excellent polite staff there was a mix up over our room service order and had to wait an hour food when it arrived was fine however but in common wit hall other holiday inns is expensive both my son and i like the pool bigger and warmer than a lot of spirit health clubs gnerally a good stay but rooms do need refurbishing however it is by no means the worst holiday inn ive stayed in

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Janey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review highlighting not only the bad but the good aspects of your stay. I am pleased that, overall, you felt your stay was good. I am disappointed that you found the rooms to be in need of refurbishment , however I am delighted that you found the staff to be excellent and that you and your son enjoyed the pool.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is excellent value and really helpful staff, we would normally stop at the Premier inn but decided to try this, not dissatisfied it is great value and would not go back to the premier inn, the only disappointment is the excessive charge they make for a Wi Fi connection, if it was not for this I would have given an excellent rating. The restaurant is also really good

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your taking time to feedback about your stay, the whole team work really hard to ensure that every guest has a great stay and they will really appreciate your comments.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent and that you found your stay to be excellent value and that the staff were really helpful.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Standard room. Serves the purpose. Good room services with hot meals. Good wi fi connection. But only works on two devices, considering I had to pay for the third. Humble staff throughout the hotel to wish well. Quite a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, we appreciate your feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back when you are next visiting the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#1 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham

Been to Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6? Share your experiences!