Stayed at this property for one weekday night on our way further north up the M6 - 2 adults, 1 child, paying £99 b&b in an executive room. All public areas inside and out were clean and well presented and there was plenty of parking. All the staff we encountered were polite and friendly and there were no issues checking in or out.
Our room was a fair way from reception - quite small, but OK for our needs. The bed area had a double and sofa bed and had a modern clean feel to it, including a large flat screen TV, laminate flooring and a wooden sliding screen at the window. The bathroom was older, but clean and functional.
Most importantly, we had a quiet night's sleep without any of the usual door slamming etc. The double mattress we had was a touch on the firm side, but rather that than rolling in to each other.
My wife and daughter used the leisure centre and found it really nice. Not wanting a big meal, I decided to go in search of snacks and found a 24 hour Tesco within a 3 minute drive, by following the road back to the M6 and turning left towards Stoke. There was also a Chinese takeaway and some fast food joints along there.
Breakfast was good, with a nice buffet serving hot and cold items.
All things considered, a good stay and we'd have no problem booking here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent is an ideal location for both the business and leisure traveller. The hotel is situated just off the M6 at Jct 15 and on our doorstep we have fantastic link roads to all destinations within the Midlands. Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent completed a 1.5 Million refurbishment at the beginning of 2007 including reception, conference facilities, bedrooms & lounge/bar. Stoke on Trent, fondly called the Potteries is famous for its ceramics, and has three city centres, Hanley, Stoke On Trent and Newcastle under Lyme. With 118 Air Conditioned bedrooms, all of which are decorated to an excellent standard, contemporary and comfortable, with all the up to date facilities you would expect from the Holiday Inn brand. The Meetings Network programme offers 2 suites, 7 syndicate rooms and high speed internet access.For the healthy minded the Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent has a fantastic Spirit Health Club which has a swimming pool and gymnasium, or lie back and relax in our jacuzzi and sauna.Local Intersts: ALTON TOWERS -Get your adrenalin pumping Ride Em We Dare You: WEDGWOOD - Famous for Pots and Ceramics TRENTHAM AWAKES - A touch of Italy with its gardens, vineyard, Monkey Forest and retail outlets.See our packages for fantastic family deals where kids stay and eat free. Terms and Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Stoke On Trent m6 Hotel Newcastle-Under-Lyme
- Holiday Inn Newcastle Under Lyme
- Newcastle Under Lyme Holiday Inn