Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
  • Room Service
Wheatsheaf Hotel(Stoke-on-Trent)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsswimming poolalton towersleisure facilitiesihg membersmall bathroompublic areaswould stay againbit datedcouldn't faulthot foodshort staytheme parkbooked this hotelfull englishplenty of parkinggymmotorway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My friend and I stayed here as an overnight for Alton Towers with 4 kids. We we welcomed with a friendly receptionist and the check in went smoothly. We had 2 clean comfy rooms. The pool was a good end to the day for the kids. Dinner was good and breakfast in the morning was excellent. Would definately stay there again. The staff were so friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Wendy S, GM's PA at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent and for posting your review.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially our restaurant facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

stayed here for a night with my family, the rooms were clean and comfy, the evening food was of a average standard but the buffet breakfast was good. there was plenty for the kids to do they had a child's play area and a swimming pool for them to use and a couple of pay per view movies to choose from. if I were in this area again I would definitely use this hotel again...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Wendy S, GM's PA at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam

We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and are always very pleased to receive constructive feedback from our guests to ensure that our high standards are retained

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed here for one night before an Alton Towers visit, after quite a difficult drive due to horrendous traffic we arrived and were greeted by a very friendly receptionist, after a very tense moment of her not being able to find our booking all was well and we were checked in to our two rooms. Ours was an executive room which was very nice with a sofa, lovely comfortable bed and handy mini bar. The children had a standard twin which was absolutely fine although they were a little jealous of our much larger TV.

We used the health club which was well equipped, the pool area was clean and pleasant with a lovely hot tub, good for relaxing after our long journey.

Breakfast was excellent in the morning, with everything anyone could want to start their day.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the facilities we have to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon in the near future

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here on business-not much choice as the training I was running here was booked here. The training room was fantastic, the service was great from the staff- its just a shame the hotel rooms are so tired and its most definitely not worth the money. The breakfast was disappointing and not worth the fee. The bread selection was poor (square processed bread). Paid £165.00 for one night. Don't even pay that in London!
I dont like writing poor reviews but nothing about the hotel would want to make me come back. I ordered a drink that had 'bits floating in it' and it was not meant to be there. The bed had insects on it crawling everywhere so I did not sleep a wink. I would however hire the meeting room again as it was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Wendy S, GM'S PA at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments on trip adviser following your recent visit to the hotel.

We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and are always very pleased to receive constructive feedback from our guests good or bad to ensure that our high standards are retained.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you were caused. I can assure you that I have noted the points which you raised and that these have been shared with my Management team and will be actioned accordingly.

Once again, thank you for your response

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I booked this hotel purely to break up a long trek up north. I arrived at about 10.30PM and there was a queue at check in which was a surprise but it was all dealt with and I checked in ok. The room was really nice, good size and quiet. Breakfast in the morning was excellent - it seemed far better than the other Holiday inn's I have stayed in recently - the mushrooms seemed more succulent and the fresh berry compote more fresh. Service was as good as ever. Having tested it I think we'll come back with the kids for an Alton Towers break soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir/Madam

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon.

Kindest Regards