“Lovely food, perhaps to pricey”
Review of Blue Chilli

Blue Chilli
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Ive been here twice and enjoyed the food alot but it is very expensive. Thre are small things id change to back up the large price tag, such as cloth napkins and table cloths, more space between the tables and perhaps longer to linger with a drink at the end of the night as I did feel rushed to leave when the dishes had been removed. On the whole a nice night and the food is very very tastey. It it sliced the top off the prices Id be more likely to go back.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I much preferred the old location on King Street as the restaurant felt a little grander than it's current location. Despite a change a venue, the food standards remain high and it is a lovely restaurant with friendly staff and delicious food. It is not the cheapest of Thai Restaurants but you don't mind paying for the quality of their produce particularly the fish which is always delicious. The only criticism I would have is that the mains seem to be brought out very quickly after finishing the starters and the puddings are a little uninspiring. Another firm favourite and have never had a bad meal here.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very nice atmosphere and very good food. Nice to have a decent Thai in the middle of Stoke on Trent. Would recommended to anybody who enjoys oriental food.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Went to the new venue for a meal in feb. at first I didn't realise that blue chilli had moved location, no advertising on their website stating they had moved and only found out by word of mouth. Arrived at the venue in time for the booking, when we arrived upstairs the restaurant was very busy, the seating area was packed and we couldn't get to the bar area, no one was at the entrance to greet us, and after ten minutes a lady advised from the bar that she would be back to take out drinks order in ten minutes, standing at the top of the stairs was not great, and in the end after waiting for another ten minutes for someone to raid out food order we decided to leave, venue looks poor compared to the old location and I won't be going back.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went for my birthday meal with my husband and another couple. The new venue is better with great huge windows overlooking the busy streets outside. Very warm and friendly atmosphere.
We had a set menu. Last time we came about a 18 months ago, we didn't finish it there was so much. This time however, all dishes nearly licked clean. The quantity seemed to be less and I don't think my husband left leaving full which is surprising on a set menu. I had two glasses of wine and he had two beers. It came to around 27 a head which I thought was a lot.
The food was lovely though and nicer than other Thai's we have been to...really fresh. The service is also really good.
On reflection, it's just the price that lets if down. Nice for a special occasion tho.