“Great location for business meetings”
Review of Borough Arms Hotel

Borough Arms Hotel
“Great location for business meetings”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have used the Borough Arms on a couple of occasions now for business meetings. We have been provided with an excellent meeting room, good support and a great lunch to follow the meeting. The food in particular was excellent on our last visit. Will certainly use again :) Many thanks to all the team.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Paul M
BoroughArmsHotel, Operations Manager at Borough Arms Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Firstly may I thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor following your recent business meetings at the hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you felt that we provided you and your colleagues with an excellent meeting room, good support and a great lunch.

I have passed on your comments to all the team here who appreciate your praise.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Borough Arms Hotel for your meetings and I look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues to our hotel once again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
England
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Decided to pop in for lunch rather than going into the town centre for a change. As it was just after noon it was very quiet but I was welcomed by a very friendly bar assistant who quickly took my order. I had a hot turkey baguette which was accompanied by a large salad and the most delicious chips I have had in a long time. It was all freshly cooked to perfection and the taste and presentation excellent. Although a little dated the Gladstone Bar was clean and comfortable and all for about £5.
Will go again for lunch and will try the restaurant at some stage based on this experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Firstly may I thank you for your recent review and for choosing The Borough Arms hotel.

I am delighted to hear that your meal & drinks were good value for money and that our staff provided such good, friendly service. I have passed on your kind sentiments to all the staff involved who always aim to exceed customer expectations.

We are currently planning a refurbishment to update the hotel including the bar and I do hope that I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future to sample one of our restaurant meals.
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Excellent! The food was out of this world and the service was fantastic! The staff were very friendly and made us very welcome! We did not have to wait long for our food! Can't wait to go again! I would highly recommend visiting the Borough Arms!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dean W
I would like to thank you for choosing The Borough Arms Hotel for your Valetines Dinner and for taking the time to compile a review.

I am very pleased that you had such a pleasant experience with us and that the food and service provided was fantastic and out of this world. It is the highest of praise to receive recommendations from our guests to their friends and family and your kind words are greatly appreciated.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back soon for many more happy occasions.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Excellent Valentines meal, staff very attentive, food fab served by a lady we first met there over 30 years ago, and service was as good as we remembered,
English high quality food. Great value for money made us feel very special......Well done Borough and thank you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your recent review following your Valentine's dinner and I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your meal.

I am delighted to hear that you really enjoyed the evening. It is good to hear that you found our staff attentive and you enjoyed your freshly prepared meals. I have passed on your kind sentiments to all of our staff who provided you with such good service and wonderful meal.

I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the hotel once again in the near future.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We had our wedding reception at the hotel, from the day we booked the reception through to the actual day of the reception we received a first class service from the staff at the hotel. The price for the hire of the room; the buffet and dressing of the room was very reasonable; staff service on the day was excellent and all of our needs were catered for. Our wedding planner helped us plan the perfect day and was very supportive and accommodating and all of our guests commented on how good the selection of food was; how nice the room looked and how nice an atmosphere the hotel had. I would recommend this hotel as a very suitable venue for anyone who was getting married.

Room Tip: All of our wedding guests commented on how clean the rooms were and how good breakfast was.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tansyt2014
BoroughArmsHotel, Operations Manager at Borough Arms Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
I would like to thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor following your wedding celebrations at the hotel.

I am delighted that you and your guests all enjoyed your special day. It is good to know that you received first class service from start to finish and that you and your guests enjoyed the food and we helped create such a good atmosphere for your celebration.

Personal recommendation is the highest form of praise and I will ensure that I pass on your kind words to all the staff involved in making your celebrations so enjoyable.

I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the hotel in the near future.
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I recently visited my home town of Newcastle-u-Lyme and took my 35 year old son, who was born in Canada and had never been to Britain. Our stay at the Borough Arms was exactly what we wanted. Very central and handy. The rooms were clean and the bathrooms modern. Restaurant was good and food especially breakfast was great. We had breakfast each day and 3 evening meals here. Enjoyed the Bar on a couple of evenings.On the Sunday we invited 16 of my Family for the Sunday lunch for a reunion. The staff were knowledgeable about local history that took me back and reminded me of my youth growing up in the Potteries.The staff were great and took care of us especially had all our laundry cleaned and ready for our departure to London on the Thursday. We stayed in the main building and I will definitely stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Firstly may I thank you for your recent review and for choosing The Borough Arms hotel for your stay during your recent visit from Canada.

I am delighted to hear that your meals were enjoyable and that our staff provided such good service and helped you take a trip down memory lane.

I have passed on your kind sentiments to all the staff who always aim to exceed customer expectations.

I look forward on welcoming you and your family back on your next visit "home"
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I totally agree with Crutch01, I stayed at the hotel in November and a Mr Sharh was very abrupt with me on my check-in, the receptionist was telling me about the bar times and the restaurant times when he barged in, rudely interupting and asking what time i would like to make my reservation for in the restaurant, I felt i was totally being bullied by him. I did not eat in the restaurant or the bar on principal then.
Once I got to my room which I was advised was a delux suite well I was amazed the room was dated and looked totally dirty, the top sheet had stains on it and the bottom sheet had holes in it, I dread to think what the other rooms looked like. I could not wait to check out of the hotel next morning. My advise never never go there

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank daisymay121267
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
#4 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham

Been to Borough Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!