“Good value for money”
Review of Borough Arms Hotel

Borough Arms Hotel
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Another good overnight stay for our party of 15 golfers in a very good value for money establishment. Food was excellent & the accomodation comfortable & quiet.whilst handy for a walk into town to visit various establishments.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
BoroughArmsHotel, General Manager at Borough Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Johnc751

Thank you for your recent comments on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to learn that your stay with us was comfortable and that you enjoyed the food provided.

I would like to thank you once again for your valuable feedback and hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed here for two nights while attending nearby Keele University. Booked it primarily as it was cheap. First things first, room was comfortable and breakfast was good and freshly cooked.

Decor is old fashioned. I was on the top floor so a few twisty turny stairs to get up. The first morning I awoke very early as the hotel really is directly beside the road and the poor double glazing did nothing to stop the noise of the traffic getting into my room. The ensuite is very small but perfectly adequate.

Breakfast - good menu for the hot food which is cooked each to order along with your choice of toast and tea or coffee. Cereals, fruit, juice, yogurt etc self service. I had full, English on day one and scrambled eggs with oatcakes on day two. Both good. Waitress just did her job on day one but was then really chatty in day two which w nice as I was travelling alone.

If all you need is somewhere comfortable to stay at good value then I would have no hesitation in recommending..

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not overlook the road.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear KerryLouLou

May I firstly thank you for your recent review of your stay here at The Borough Arms.

I am pleased to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed the breakfast provided.

I am sorry that you were disturbed in the morning due to the outside traffic, and your comments regarding this have been taken on board.

Once again, thank you for submitting your review and I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

we got married on may the 4th 2013 we had a wonderful time the food was great on the wedding breakfast all three courses came out piping hot the waitresses were very attentive mr sheigh was there for any problems and the wedding co-ordinator emma made sure every thing went well disco was good had bridal suite with jacuzzi the hotel left us a nice gift in the room buffet was very plentyful and good variety of snacks all our guest that stopped at the hotel said they were very comfortable and breakfast was very good the next morning all in all had wonderful time and i cant thank the staff enough

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear John and Tracey

Thank you for your recent review of your wedding reception and stay with us here at the hotel.

I am pleased to hear that your celebrations were enjoyed by both you and your guests and that the food and bridal suite provided lived up to your expectations.

I have passed on your kind comments to all that staff involved.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for two nights 4-5th May , had one of the annexe rooms (51) and was not disappointed , room clean , big enough for two of us , and the bathroom was a good size, breakfast was plentiful and a lot of choice definately worth £5pppn. Location was great 5minutes from Stoke Train Station in a taxi (cheap) and a 5 minute walk in to the market town with a good choice of bars and places to eat . I would use this hotel again and recommend it to friends and family if they were to visit the area

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank slade5

Dear Slade5

Firstly may I thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your two night stay with us and that your room and breakfast made for a pleasant experience.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

we stayed at the Borough arms hotel for one night,as we were visiting family.we were put into one of their annexe rooms which was away from the main building.we would ask to stay in one of their annexe rooms again.Private off road parking.Breakfast was not included in the room price,but well worth paying for £5.00 per person.Comfortable dining area with plenty of seating.also good bar area.Hotel is a good base for visiting the area

Room Tip: we stayed in one of the annexe rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank suemick78
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had a lovely meal with 16 of my friends..The meal was pre-ordered and was served on time, hot and with plenty to eat. The staff were attentative and always close by if need be. Was met by a smiling barman who helped us pick out some wine.

The only niggle..which is a very tiny one..was that the melon starter looked more like a pudding. It had more sorbet than melon.

We will be returning next year..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
BoroughArmsHotel, General Manager at Borough Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Tracy,

Firstly may I thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor regarding your meal in our Ostler Restaurant.

I am very pleased that you found the food was hot and served on time and that the staff on duty did a good job in providing everything that you needed.

I am sorry that you were a little dissapointed with the melon starter and your constructive comments have been passed to our Head Chef for necessary action.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope to see you again at the hotel in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Borough is a very good hotel in Newcastle under Lyme. Slghtly on the ouskirts of the smal market town of Newcastle it is a short walking distance away from the town itself. I have never actually physically stayed there myself but have attended functions which have been really good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank linds190819
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme ...
#3 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme...
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
#4 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent

Been to Borough Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!