“our stay at the Borough Arms hotel”
Review of Borough Arms Hotel

Borough Arms Hotel
Reviewed May 5, 2013

we stayed at the Borough arms hotel for one night,as we were visiting family.we were put into one of their annexe rooms which was away from the main building.we would ask to stay in one of their annexe rooms again.Private off road parking.Breakfast was not included in the room price,but well worth paying for £5.00 per person.Comfortable dining area with plenty of seating.also good bar area.Hotel is a good base for visiting the area

Room Tip: we stayed in one of the annexe rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank suemick78

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had a lovely meal with 16 of my friends..The meal was pre-ordered and was served on time, hot and with plenty to eat. The staff were attentative and always close by if need be. Was met by a smiling barman who helped us pick out some wine.

The only niggle..which is a very tiny one..was that the melon starter looked more like a pudding. It had more sorbet than melon.

We will be returning next year..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
BoroughArmsHotel, General Manager at Borough Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Tracy,

Firstly may I thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor regarding your meal in our Ostler Restaurant.

I am very pleased that you found the food was hot and served on time and that the staff on duty did a good job in providing everything that you needed.

I am sorry that you were a little dissapointed with the melon starter and your constructive comments have been passed to our Head Chef for necessary action.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope to see you again at the hotel in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Borough is a very good hotel in Newcastle under Lyme. Slghtly on the ouskirts of the smal market town of Newcastle it is a short walking distance away from the town itself. I have never actually physically stayed there myself but have attended functions which have been really good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank linds190819
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights to visit all of the local potteries.Had a room in the annex [no 43] and for a 2 star hotel was more than happy with the room and the service we received.Payed extra for breakfast which was well worth it.Would recomend it as a good priced hotel and well placed for visiting local attractions.

Room Tip: Annex appeared quieter than main building
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Elecs776

I would like to thank you for your recent review of the Borough Arms Hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the room and service provided made for a pleasant experience.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a lovely place but I was a little disappointed with the bedroom, the bathroom was dull, the plug was rubbish in the bath and leaked as soon as you got in. The mattress wasn't all that soft but copeable.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank carla290
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Final night of a business trip found me tired and in need of a good rest. Sadly the room I was allocated left a lot to be desired. The room WAS clean but dated with fairly basic amenities. The bed was ok, but the pillows were so thin I needed to get the spare 2 from the wardrobe (no covers available) in order to raise my head up from the mattress. I have made toast with greater depth. The noise from the main road at the front of the hotel made sleep difficult too. Bar staff a little brusque, although the chef was nice & chatty and made very good Staffs Oatcakes!
Unlikely to return.

Room Tip: Apparently the 'annexe rooms are better.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2013

my new husband and myself recently held our wedding, wedding breakfast and our evening reception at the borough arms hotel. We found that Mr Sheikh and Emma the wedding co-ordinator most obliging. They made the room look lovely with the balloons and wedding favours that had arranged to be put out. All of my guests commented on how lovely and tasty the food was and there was plenty of it. If i could afford to get married every week obviously to the same person i would definately choose the borough arms hotel everytime. Thankyou once again to Mr Sheikh, Emma and all of your wonderful team in making our day so perfect and memorable from the newly weds Mr and Mrs Pellington aka Alison and Paul.xx

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Alison & Paul

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave comments on Trip Advisor following your recent wedding reception at the Borough Arms Hotel.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your day at the hotel and that the food and service provided lived up to your expectations. I have passed on your kind sentiments to all the staff involved.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Kindest regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme ...
#3 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme...
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Premier Inn Stoke-On-Trent (Hanley) Hotel
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
#4 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent

Been to Borough Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!