“Hollywood Birthday party”

Borough Arms Hotel
Stoke on Trent
“Hollywood Birthday party”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Mr Sheikh General Manager, Simon Assistant Manager, and all staff, were fabulous!! The service, food, rooms all were excellent. Thank you for making this party a success.
Karen Smith
Saturday 29 September

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Although I've lived outside N Staffs for most of the last 30 years, I decided to have a 50th birthday party with my family and friends in Newcastle. Having dined at the Borough in the past, I knew that the food was very good and that the staff were really friendly, so we booked the restaurant for around 40 of us. Absolutely everyone thought that the meal and service were excellent, which is pretty amazing for such a large group. I'm a regular visitor to the area and have dined in plenty of local restaurants. I just can't imagine anywhere else in N Staffs getting such fantastic feedback. The Borough's owner and staff are really nice, friendly, helpful people and many of the guests commented on this during and after the party. A truly wonderful 50th birthday party!

Room Tip: N/a - did not stay at the hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Exeter
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stop at this hotel a fair amount as it is just up the road from where need to get to for business reasons.
I am always welcomed very warmley and have a very relaxing stay.

Staff are always very pleasant and accommodating.
Food wise - I generally saunter into the bar area around 5.30/6pm and have the bar meals, always tasty, and service excellent.
I will return like I have been doing.

Room Tip: Rooms are basic but have the necessities, I stay in the rooms which are adjacent to the hotel as a l...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul H
Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Me and my wife celebrated our wedding in the King room of the Borough arms hotel. Even before the event took place we had heard excellent reviews from friends who had been there previously. In planning the wedding reception, the staff and especially, Mr. Sheikh were fantastically accomodating and honest. They were able to offer advice on all aspects of the reception, and no detail was too small. Every small request was carried out to the letter and even more - we were even greeted with a red carpet at the entrance! The function rooms are very spacious and versatile - I don't think I even noticed when the top table became a dance floor. The bridal suite was very spacious and clean, and recently decorated also. All in all, we had a fantastic time, so too did the guests and the price was very reasonable. I would recommend this hotel for any occasion.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side of the hotel to the road would be more suitable for lighter sleepers.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tim H
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I organised a leaving do here. I was given many options in terms of what I'd like. We had a large room, with a manned bar, dance floor, table and chairs for dinner and an area for the buffet. The buffet itself impressed me as it was all freshly cooked and good quality food (there are a range of buffet choices you can select). The resident dj played and excellent mix of music and took on some of our requests! Everyone had a fantastic time and I found the borough arms very approachable and accommodating, Thank you!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
stoke on trent
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We held my 50th birthday party at the Borough everyone commented on how lovely the food was and the staff were really friendly and helpful.
We were very pleased with the whole event, nothing was too much trouble,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank barbara c
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My family spent a week at borough arms while my son played in a soccer tournament at a nearby university. The staff were extremely helpful with our various requests - always going out of their way to make sure we were taken care of. The location is walking distance to many shops and restaurants. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
#4 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham

Been to Borough Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!