“grumpy, impatient staff and way overpriced food!”
Review of Pasta Di Piazza

Pasta Di Piazza
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Staffordshire, Pasta Di Piazza provides quality, cooked to order Italian dishes, using only the freshest of ingredients - each and every time. With two vibrant restaurants in bustling market towns of Stone and Newcastle-under-Lyme, the Pasta Di Piazza team aims to make every visit memorable, providing a friendly at table service by our passionate team. In early 2016 the restaurants will be undergoing dazzling transformations, with new alfresco seating, stunning décor and a fresh new look complementing our extensive menu of Italian favourites and a la carte dishes. Join us for our great value quick lunch menu from midday until 3pm, a la carte menu from 6pm and Sundays from midday to 9pm.
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Our visit consisted of very grumpy and rude staff, over priced pasta and a rushed meal!
We arrived and were pointed (not assisted or guided) to our table. A menu was plonked in front of us and drink orders were taken. It took a while for our drinks to arrive and the waiter was less than impressed when we needed more time to order our meals.
Throughout the whole service the waiter was grumpy and lacked manners and we felt we were being watched and rushed.
On the plus side the food was delicious! I had the crispolini which was lovely and all members of our party enjoyed their food. Unfortunately my plate was taken away as I was still chewing my final mouthful.
At the end of our meal I had to go and ask for our change from the bill, they presumed it was a tip.
This is my 2nd bad experience at this restaurant and sadly I will not be returning.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Service was awful, walked in and they didn't seem to want our custom, were reluctantly pointed out a table with no offer of any drinks. When drinks were ordered mine had some sort of chipped bit of pottery in.

The Food was very tasty with generous portion sizes (both had a pasta dish)

We were given the bill and after 10 mins of being sat there with our cards out we were informed that we had to go to the bar to pay as they couldn't bring us the card machine. Overall pretty disappointed, the prices they are charging I would have expected a little more.

I have heard good things about the one in Stone, but I won't be rushing back here in a hurry.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Rang to book a table for a Saturday night and times were restricted to 7pm and 9pm, we took the later sitting, that was a mistake, the staff seemed keen to get our meal served and over with as soon as possible. We asked for a gap of at least 10 minutes between our starters and the main course, we got less than two minutes.

Our romantic dinner for two took place amongst the staff moving tables around to prepare for lunchtime the next day (at least we presume that was the case as nobody else appeared).

The food was fine and well presented, wines are expensive but good,

Overall we were disappointed and would not rush back.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Ate here on a Saturday night (6 of us, 3 couples), it was packed but it was easy to see why.

The food, atmosphere and service are well worth the money.
Excellent choice on the menu from classic Italian, to English dishes with an Italian twist. Beautiful.

Definitely recommend and will be returning very soon

1  Thank DaRsh_108
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had an excellent night out in Pasta di Piazza last Saturday night.
The atmosphere and setting of this restaurant were comfortable bright and friendly.
We were recommended this Italian restaurant by a few friends and were not disappointed.
We have visited quite a few areas of Italy over the years and always compaired the Italian restaurants here to the genuine restaurants of Rome , Naples or Portofino.
We all had to agree that pasta di piazza was better that most real Italian restaurants that we have eaten in.
In pasta di piazza there are no shortcuts used, like packet sauces etc.
All food is fresh beautifuly cooked and very tasty.
I has a risotto that was perfectly cooked and a pleasure to eat.
It is hard to get a god risotto, but this one was divine.
This is my favourite restaurant anywhere including in Italy.