“Great food, great service”
Review of SunRise Chinese

SunRise Chinese
Ranked #51 of 75 Restaurants in Wetherby
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Its the Only Chinese" Resturant " in wetherby and there is some Takeaway,s
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I have visited the restaurant many times over the past five years and the food has never disappointed. If you can look past the dated, shabby decor great service, great food and reasonable prices await.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Since writing my last review of the Sunrise (March 12) I am pleased to see that several people agree with me. I have been back and it is just the same, except the restaurant was a bit more full. The food was great as usual including the chicken and sweet corn soup which we especially asked to be included in our meal for four, which was enough for a meal for five. Service was excellent. I am always made to feel special. One would think I go there every week but I don't. They do a take away but I would not dream of getting that unless I had to eat at home. For the prices they charge I would rather they did the washing up as well.

As for the 60's decor, I just think it is historic. The Sunrise is located in a modern block above a shop so you have to go up two short flights of stairs. It looks like you are going to an office. Don't be put off.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

A very grubby place not clean the fish as not been seen to for years it's a wonder there not dead poor fish the chicken and sweet corn soup was the worst I have ever tried it went back the starter where very poor standard but amazingly the two main courses where fine very tasty and very good whole meal rice so not bad but needs a revamp and a fish doctor

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Great food and very good value for money. Surrounding are a bit dated but the food and staff more than make up for it.

1  Thank Susan H
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Its almost 10 years since i visited this reastaurant and What a lovely time we had, the food was Fantastic, we had Half Duck aromatic with Pancakes for starter, excellent, so much that we nearly out faced ourselves. The Main course of Chilli Beef was superb and the ample portions made it a meal to remember. The outside and the approach up the stairs needs attention but dont let it put you off. Theres a lovely welcome awaiting you The Staff were very attentive and friendly. PS the wine by the bottle is very reasonably priced. Overall a Great Chinese, so glad ive rediscovered it.