“A Classic Country Pub”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We've visited The Scotts Arms on many occasions and have never yet had an average experience. The food is excellent, a little pricey maybe but the quality is consistently high, as is the service and the atmosphere is all always lovely.
The menu is varied and caters for veggie's with more than the usual one item.
The staff are always attentive and friendly....a great place to eat.

1  Thank BarryC864
MRvZ v, Owner at The Scotts Arms, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you very much for that glowing review, it really does mean a lot when our customers go onto this website to write (mainly good) reviews about us.
Thanks again

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family of 5 ate here after a chilly 3 mile walk, on New Year's Day. The warm atmosphere is lovely and inviting and I have never had a bad meal, it's always a pleasure to go back again.

We had a small wait of 15 mins for a table, which is to be expected. My partner and I both had fish and chips, my mother had fish pie, my son had steak pie and my daughter, a chicken burger. We shared treacle sponge and custard for dessert and the kids had chocolate cake.

It was a lovely way to end the festive season and I look forward to returning again soon.

1  Thank WitchyYork
MRvZ v, Owner at The Scotts Arms, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for your review, we are really pleased you've had a great trip to us.
Thanks again

Reviewed January 10, 2013

A family gathering on Christmas Eve, which was, on the whole, a great success. Of the seven of us, six really enjoyed their lunch, but the seventh was a bit disappoined. The atmosphere was lovely and Christmassy, and was full of families who appeared to be having a good time. However, we felt that the drinks were a bit over-the-top pricewise. According to the bill, 80p. was charged for a dash of lemonade in a Cinzano, and 15p for a splash of soda water in a white wine. It's these little things that really get my goat! Having said that, we would all go back as we enjoyed it, but we'll just be a bit careful with our drinks choice.

1  Thank Lynda G
MRvZ v, Manager at The Scotts Arms, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you on commenting on our Christmas atmosphere, we love decorating the pub and always look forward to a busy festive season every year, this year going beyond our expectations again. I am sorry a member of your party was not 100% satidfied with their meal, we were dissapointed ourselves to hear this. As for the drinks this comment has been taken on board and we are looking into a way we can alter these prices.
Thank you again for visiting us this Christmas and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Very nice set meal just before xmas. Not a great deal of choice, but adequate. Very popular, but we had booked a table for 5 people. Good service in pleasant atmosphere.

MRvZ v, Owner at The Scotts Arms, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Firstly thank you for visiting us over the Christmas period, I apologise you did not feel there was enough choice on the menu for you, we have always stuck with the option of 4 starters, 4 mains and 4 desserts however we have taken your comment on board and shall be refering back to it as we begin the planning for this years Christmas menu.
Thank you agian.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Went for a family meal for a pub lunch,having been to this pub previously had high expectations and I went for the roast beef dinner, disappointed with the meat as was tough, veg and roasts tasted as though were frozen and the mash tasted like smash, the wife had duck confi which she thoroughly enjoyed, the boy had lasagne which again was described as nice and the daughter just wanted a starer which was described as adequate. To drink I had a lovely hand pulled beer and the wife had a very tasty rose. All in all not bad but food wise could do better!

I am very sorry to hear that you were not completly satisfied with your meals, We very much appreciate your comments and have taken them on board, relaying this to our kitchen team. Thank you for coming across to see us and we do hope this experience hasn't put you off and we hope to see you soon.
Thanks