“Polite staff, clean rooms, tired exterior”
Review of Mercure Wetherby

Mercure Wetherby
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Wetherby
LANCASTER
“Polite staff, clean rooms, tired exterior”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Lovely spacious room. Comfy bed. Wifi signal very slow/poor. TV was useless, poor signal, rubbish picture quality. Attentive staff. Average breakfast, not much choice. Silicone round the shower was dirty and coming away in a few places. The window going up the stairs from reception to the bedrooms is cracked and dirty.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
mark h, General Manager at Mercure Wetherby, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review and all your comments. I hope that we will welcome you back in the nearer future.
Mark Hoyland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Returned to this hotel recently on what I thought was a good offer.On checking in I discovered my room to be a little small and dull.Asked at reception to be upgraded and was given a Studio Room which was great until I used the shower and the bathroom floor flooded completely.Complained at reception and was moved to another Studio Room,which was great until I couldnt access the Entertainment Package,was then moved to another Studio Room where I was assured the Entertainment was available.It wasn't,but after over an hour the problem was rectified.So for a two night stay,I saw four rooms,a flooded floor and experienced a load of hassle with the entertainment.It was not the relaxed break I'd hoped for.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

mark h, General Manager at Mercure Wetherby, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your response. I am sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. I have passed your comment to the maintenance team and the matter has been resolved. Please accept my apologies once again.
Mark Hoyland

Travelers are raving about these Wetherby hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel looks rough from the outside with a lack of attention to detail outside and inside. Having said that my room was clean and i was a little surprised to see it given my first impression of the hotel was poor. Staff are really friendly and the food was pretty good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review on the Tripadvisor and all your constructive comments. I am very pleased that you found our staff very friendly and enjoyed our food. Thank you again for sharing your expeircne.
Lee, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on Saturday 1st March before my Wedding at The Bridge and I must say I was not impressed, paid £95 for the room bed and breakfast. The room was dirty and it had metal strips hanging of the wooden headboard which I caught my clothing on. Round the Tv was full of dust and I refused to use the remote control it was caked in something. Due to this my friend and I decided to go out for the evening. On a positive note breakfast was ok.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank 310KATRINA_P
mark h, General Manager at Mercure Wetherby, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience and please accept my apologies. I have passed your comments to the relevant departments and thank you again for sharing your experience.
Norfolk
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Entrance from roundabout not clearly marked. Nice clean hotel if a bit impersonal. Room as expected but extractor in bathroom not working. Convenient location for visiting town. Barrier parking fees paid by hotel (ask on arrival)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NorfolkYorkie
mark h, General Manager at Mercure Wetherby, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Weekend visit”
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing you experience and I hope that we will welcome you back in the nearer future.
uk
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I booked this room on an offer £33 inc b/fast, so I should not be pointing out faults but we still should be honest about condition.
Date of stay 14/2/13 so cold as was reception /bar and restaurant to the point I had to give my wife one of my sweaters over her dress { she was not happy} whilst we had dinner,
Food was good on quality but poorly cooked, Starters fine but my burger with blue cheese very over cooked and normal cheese, my wifes shepherds pie with cheese mash "no cheese", so even by any hotel standards poor, drinks V expensive £5.50dry martini and tonic.
Breakfast made up for dinner everything you could wish for, well cooked and quality food, with very good waitresses.
We had a studio 2001, this was large very good bathroom and very warm.
I must compliment on bed linen and towels all whiter than white and the sheets and p/cases Ironed to perfection. Reception furniture needs replacing

Room Tip: The studios are V/good