“Just fitted the bill....”
Review of Mercure Wetherby

Mercure Wetherby
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Wetherby
Derbyshire
“Just fitted the bill....”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

...........visiting the local area in order to attend a funeral we just needed a convenient place to stay overnight at a reasonable price.Having checked on local B&B's which were much more expensive we decided to book for a room-only here.Just right for our needs (we had been a little concerned by some comments in other reviews!). The staff we met were lovely; very friendly and helpful and attentive to us.We found everything worked though the radiator was a bit tricky to turn off as the heat pumped out but at least we could open the windows which is not always possible in hotel rooms.We did not have to pay for car parking as implied as we entered the very large car park; just ask for your ticket to be validated at reception . We enjoyed the 5 minute walk into the pleasant little market(Thursday Market day) town; specially enjoyed a visit to the Wetherby Whaler (!)but did not venture down by the river due to the cold but must be lovely on a warmer Spring day. The staff certainly made up for any imperfections & if you want a stopover then give it a try. NB; we often choose a twin room as they can be bit roomier & if beds are a bit softer than you are used to, each persons twist & turns does not disturb the other!

1 Thank Joyce L
mark h, General Manager at Mercure Wetherby, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind review, I was delighted that you had such a comfortable stay. I do hope we get the opportunity in welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Thank you once again.

Mark Hoyland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I am forced to stay at this dross infested place on a regular basis through business. The rooms do not feel clean in any way. It's not exactly sound proof within the room. In the 15 or so times that I've stayed there, my shower has failed to work on about 3 occasions, my iron didn't work last time and when the replacement turned up, that didn't work! I've also had to bleed the radiator twice during the night because it was making absolutely terrible noises and I couldn't sleep! The only good part of this place are the staff who are very friendly and always greet you with a smile.

Room Tip: Ummm.... None of them?
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear nick_grimsley

Thank you for taking the time to put a review on trip advisor and I would immediately like to apologise for any shortcomings during your stay. As I see that you re a regular guest I would be grateful if I can contact you, so I can discuss with you in more detail how to make sure your stays in the future are remembered for all the right reasons. Please leave me a contact number and a time convenient to yourself at op.mercurewetherby@jupiterhotels.co.uk and please accept my apologies once again.

Mark Hoyland

Travelers are raving about these Wetherby hotels

Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed here overnight for work. I was initially a bit disappointed when I arrived as the hotel was quite dated looking and in need of some redecoration, however my stay ended up being really enjoyable. The room was quite basic but lovely and warm, and the bed was comfy and I had a great night's sleep. As the WiFi wasn't working in the rooms I ended up spending the afternoon and evening in the bar area where there was WiFi and I could use my laptop, and this is a very spacious and comfy informal area with sofas/tables and chairs where you can eat, drink, meet with people or just sit on your own and get on with work. The staff were really really helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The food in the restaurant was nice, as was the breakfast, and it was excellent value for the price. Despite the tired-looking interior, I would probably stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LG0185
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to put a review on trip advisor. I was delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay and I have passed on your comments on to the whole team
We now have just installed wi-fi throughout the whole hotel so on your next visit you will be able to access wi-fi from your bedroom as well. We are also currently painting all our bedrooms and bathrooms and so would reccommend you staying in one of these bedrooms on your next visit.
Thank you once again for your review.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Hotel looks nice from the exterior and the public areas look great , the rooms are a little tired and could do with some touches up and the bathroom could benefit from a deep clean. The bed was the main issue as it was far too small for two adults and meant a couple of nights troubled sleep. The heating was a challenge as their was no air conditioning and the radiator in the room was a challenge to control. Breakfast were great as was the service from the staff.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

mark h, General Manager at Mercure Wetherby, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review and I was delighted to see that you received great service from the staff. We are currently in the process of refurbishing all of our bedroom stock and on your next visit I would recommend staying in one of the privileged rooms which have a contemporary design and lots of extras. I do hope theat you take the opportunity to visit us agin in the near future and thank you once again for your review.

KInd Regards
Northampton
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel waas ok for what we needed; a place to sleep while visiting relatives. It would not have been suitable for a longer visit as room was very small. Bed had the obligatory dip in the middle!! But it was clean and breakfast ok.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review and for your constructive comments. On your next visit, please ask for one of the studio rooms as they are very spacious and have recently been refurbished. I do hope hope you will take the opportunity to stay with us again and thank you once again for your review.

Kind regards
Olton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Not sure what others have,experienced especially dragonlady901,but we returned to the Hotel for a 2 night stay,having previously visited this when owned by Ramada.

Staff gave us a warm friendly welcome, helpful reception desk and quick sign in, room was nice and spacious,certainly clean and no issues at all, shower and bathroom adequate,

Breakfast was busy as the Dragoons were holding a reunion that weekend,but fresh supplies brought in regularly, hot and enjoyable and the toaster actually gave a good service which is not always the case with these self serve systems.

Evening Meal was good on both nights,little slower second night because we dined alone as the Dragoons had their meal in an upper room, puddings are a little dated having a 1970's feel but ok.main on 2nd night not such a good choice,but we could order of the other menu.

Another enjoyable stop with York/Harrogate nearby.

Room Tip: Pay a little bit more,and ask for a room at the back away from Reception
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mark h, General Manager at Mercure Wetherby, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and i was delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable stay. I have passed on your comments about dining over to the head chef to see where if anywhere we can make improvements to our desserts menu.
I do hope you will take the opportunity to visit us again in the near future and thank you once again for your review

Hockwold
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Have to say that aft booking this hotel for £50.00 and then reading the reviews I was sceptical to say the least and not expecting much!
Obviously everyone looks for different things but as a travelling rep I was just looking for soemwhere clean, with convenient food and drinks and a comfy bed.
I found all of those things, polite Receptionists, clean room that felt it had just been refurbished and simple but good food - although a bit over priced. Free wifi in the bar and a screen showing the football - but if I had preferred to eat in the restaurant that wasn't a problem.
My bed was comfy and breakfast next day was OK - again overpriced for what it was but started me off well for the day.
Not a hotel I wold take he family to for a weekend but when I am working in Wetherby thesis where I shall stay again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I was delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable stay. I have passed on your comments to the whole team and do hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Mark Hoyland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetherby
Days Inn Wetherby
The Bridge Hotel and Spa
Wood Hall Hotel & Spa
Wood Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Collingham

Been to Mercure Wetherby? Share your experiences!