“If you want basic then this is the place”
Review of Mercure Wetherby

Mercure Wetherby
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Wetherby
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed at the Wetherby Mercure on a Groupon deal, 2 nights including breakfast and evening meal on first night for £109. The hotel is well placed for the town, only a 5 minute walk away and close to the A1 so easy to get to. Very standard hotel, rooms a decent size and comfortable without being anything special. Breakfast was average (buffet style) with the evening meal being a huge disappointment, never had a steak that tasted more like liver before, would advise any would be stayer to head into town for something more edible!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
mark h, General Manager at Mercure Wetherby, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am always grateful for constructive comments. I was very disappointed to see your evening meal was not to your satisfaction, even more so as we usually receive very positive comments. Please accept my sincerest apologies and I do hope you will take the opportunity to stay with us again where I am sure you will remember your stay for all the right reasons. Thank you once again for your review.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Wetherby

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one night on business. Very conveniently located hotel, just off the A1M. Plenty of parking.
Throughout my stay I found the staff to be excellent - very good service, very friendly and efficient. If they promised to do something, then it was done.
The hotel does need a bit of a refurb, but my room was nicely decorated and comfortable. The cleaning left a bit to be desired (dust, hairs on phone, hairs in bath, etc.). Also the mattress was not the most comfortable - I sat down on it and immediately felt the base of the bed.
I ordered room service, which was a mixed bag. Greek salad is quite difficult to get wrong but it had a nasty synthetic sweet dressing that put me off it. The tzatziki tasted like the yoghurt was of and the hummous was the worst I have ever tasted by a long way.
However, breakfast the next morning was really good - a nice selection of hot and cold, regularly filled up.
I'd definitely stay here again, as it is good value for the price (I just won't have Greek Salad for dinner again!!).

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am very grateful for the feedback you gave. It is always a pleasure to see that the hotel team are giving such excellent service and I have passed your comments to all the staff. I was disappointed to see that the salad was not to your satisfaction and please accept my apologies. I have discussed your concerns with the Head Chef and asked him to review the dishes concerned and to make changes where needed. Thank you once again for your comments and I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I had read some reviews on Trip Advisor and was a bit worried about what we might find on our arrival. I needn't have been concerned. The hotel staff were all very friendly, meeting us at the entrance and helping us to check in. The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable with plenty of towels, pillows and coffee. We ate our evening meal at the restaurant and the food was delicious and plentiful. The wine was a little bit pricey, but then it always is when in a restaurant! The staff in the restaurant were very attentive and dealt well with all of our requirements without being over bearing. The breakfast was well stocked with a selection of cereals, pastries, fruits, yoghurts and cooked. Overall, I was really pleased with the hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Views of fields at the back, rather than the car park from other places.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and it was lovely to see that you had such a great stay. I do hope we can welcome you back in the very near future. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Good location and not far from Wetherby itself. However, overall the hotel does need a refurbishment. The rooms need a lick of paint and tidy up. The bed was awful full of springs. I even asked to upgrade to a superior room. Upon looking at the room the room was far larger but freezing cold as no heating had been on. The arm chair you would not want to sit in. The food in the evening was ok, my pepper sauce on my chicken was warm but not HOT. Breakfast was only ok not much choice.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for your constructive comments. We are currently redecorating all our bedroom stock and look to be completed by early next year. I have taken your comments on board and I am sure that on your next visit you will see a marked improvement. Thank you once again for your review.

KInd Regards

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is a good business class hotel. I paid a similar room rate to a cheap premier inn but got a lovely breakfast included and more room amenities eg iron and trouser press in room. The bed was really comfy and although the bathroom was dated everywhere was clean and warm. I can recommend this hotel for business or leisure.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We are also currently redecorating all our hotel rooms and look forward to finishing all rooms by early next year. Might I suggest you choose one or our recently redecorated studio rooms on your next visit which I am sure you will find much to your satisfaction.
Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed in this accomodation for two nights and thought it was a pleasent experience. The staff were very helpful . we stayed in a studio apartment which was very clean and tidy.
The good thing about this hotel and location was it was on good route to york or leeds etc.
The breakfast was ok. I would recommend to any business people.

Room Tip: studio rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review and I was delighted to see your stay was an enjoyable one. Myself and the whole team hope to welcome you back to the Mercure Wetherby in the not too distant future. Thank you once again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We picked the Mercure Wetherby because it is right off of the M 1 and is half way between York and Leeds. The room was quite comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. There was a large party in progress and we were given a room away from the noise and activity. The 2nd night we walked into Wetherby for dinner and discovered a wonderful pub, The Brunswick. Although our original intent was just to visit York, we were delighted to find that Wetherby is a lovely little town itself.

Room Tip: The exterior of the hotel is not well lit at night but is directly off of the motorway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NCWoody

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments, we were all delighted that you had such a great stay. Since reading this review I have also changed the timings of the exterior lights so as to ensure the car park is sufficiently lit throughout the winter nights and I am grateful for the feedback.
Thank you once again for your review.

Mark Hoyland

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetherby
Days Inn Wetherby
The Bridge Hotel and Spa
Wood Hall Hotel & Spa
Wood Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Collingham

Been to Mercure Wetherby? Share your experiences!