“Good value stay”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Wetherby
Evesham, United Kingdom
“Good value stay”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on a Friday night to attend a local function. Our welcome was good and as soon as they realised my wife had difficulty walking our booked room was changed to one very near to the lift. The room was comfortable and clean. We slept well.
All of the staff we met were helpful, efficient and attentive. We had a snack meal in the bar which was promptly delivered, well presented and tasty.
Breakfast, although a little expensive at £10.00 each, was good with a wide selection to eat. The queue for the one toaster was a bit much though and my wife was disappointed to find no hot chocolate to drink with her cereal.
Generally we were happy with our stay and would unhesitatingly stay there again. the very minor niggles were more than outweighed by the positives, especially the helpful staff.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front may be noisier in the week so ask for the rear if you like quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
mark h, General Manager at Mercure Wetherby, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Dear BeemerBikerAbroad,

Thank you for your kind review and I was extremely pleased to see that you had a very enjoyable stay. We take all feedback positively and I have ensured that we now have a wider drinks selection for breakfast as well as improving the toasters. Thank you once again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Mark Hoyland.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Went for a regimental reunion and dinner. When I walked in to the hotel it looked as if it could do with a make over, I understand this be happening in the near future, its being pulled down and a superstore built in its place.
We booked a twin room. It was small. The soap dish in the shower still had the remains of so soap in it and there was not enough towels, one hand and one bath towel, for two people.
The reunion meal was ok for the price and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was ok but only one toaster which was about the same size as the one I have at home. The plates were cold and and because of the time you waited for your eggs the rest of your breakfast had gone cold.
Ive been to worse. The place itself needs a revamp.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
mark h, General Manager at Mercure Wetherby, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Dear Cliveburkinshaw,

Thank you for your comments and for the valuable feedback you have written concerning your stay. We are continually striving to improve the hotel standards and as such we have already taken steps to improve the efficiency of the toasters and I have also passed your comments to the housekeeping manager to make any changes where necessary.

Thank you once again for your review and I do hope to see you return to the Mercure Wetherby sometime in the future.

Mark Hoyland

Travelers are raving about these Wetherby hotels

scotland
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed overnight to attend a Charity event in a nearby village. Booked last year when the reviews were generally very poor. I went with poor expectations however I was pleasently surprised.
I was allocated a studio room , which seems to be a larger room than normal.My friends were all in normal rooms which were average size. The decor in all rooms was very nice and the rooms were all very comfortable.
The staff were very helpful in explaining the procedure for the car parking and giving us details of check out and breakfast.
There was a late checkout on Sunday and breakfast was served until 11am. Wonderful!
The breakfast was of a good standard and was continually topped up on the buffet tables. We had been advised by reception that the service could be slower than normal that morning due to the hotel being full however the service was absolutely fine.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear mussgrove,

Thank you for your review, and I was delighted to see that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and that our staff were very helpful and friendly and I shall pass all your comments to the whole team. Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Wetherby very soon.

Hawarden, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed here as a lone woman business traveller. Made very welcome, late evening dinner service was excellent and had the best night's sleep I can recall for a first night at a business hotel. Excellent value accommodation and meal deal.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room if preferred - this is a hotel that listens to its guests' requirements
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Champagneliverpool.

Thank you so much for your kind comments and I was delighted that you had such a good nights sleep and also that our staff listened and acted upon your requirements. I have already passed your comments onto the whole team. Thank you once again and I am sure will be welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Surrey
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Needed an easy and cheap overnight stay for a local job and this did the trick. Nothing much to report bar everything was fine, room basic but functional, one staff member I encountered was very helpful.

• Stayed January 2012
Dear NPSsurrey.

Thank you for your review and I am pleased everything was to your satisfaction. I have shared your comments with the whole team and I do hope we see you back at the Mercure Wetherby in the very near future.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We stayed one night at the Mercure Wetherby Friday 24th Feb. My credit card was not accepted, but, the receptionist said she'd persevere. Staff friendly and helpful. The wake up call did not happen and the duty manager apologised, but, we used our mobile anyway. He was most helpful, printing up some directions to help us. Breakfast was a fair choice and for the money we paid, the stay was excellent. We were even given free parking and the choice to come and go as we please. A lovely surprise, plus free wi-fi, which was an added and useful bonus. We'd definitely stay again. The hotel called me on 2nd March to say the credit card did not go through and we gave another card. A nice personal service

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor, but, did not hear the traffic.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dominic B, Manager at Mercure Wetherby, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for so much for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will pass your comments on to the hotel team. Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Chester-le-Street, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I just needed a little time to get away from home and dropped in at this hotel. Loads of parking, easy access, clean, tidy but also with staff that seemed to genuinely care. Service from the staff was great with them willing to go that extra step to make sure my family and I were well looked after. Breakfast was great and with several "Deals" re the food on offer, I found it a lovely break at a FABULOUS price £69 B&B for a double room. Local amenities are great at Wetherby so a great plce for that night or two without the grief....

Room Tip: sk for a room with a view of "The Rabbits"
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ivan W
Dominic B, General Manager at Mercure Wetherby, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Dear Ivan W,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I have passed on your positive feedback to the whole team who continually strive to give the best possible service to our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Wetherby Hotel in the future.

Mark Hoyland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetherby
Days Inn Wetherby
The Bridge Hotel and Spa
Wood Hall Hotel & Spa
Wood Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Collingham

Been to Mercure Wetherby? Share your experiences!