“sting in tail”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Wetherby
larkhall
“sting in tail”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I booked 3 twin rooms in this hotel in order to go to horse racing for friday and saturday.Firstly I must say hotel was really cheap being attached to service station,can honestly say was clean and adequate rooms for all 6 guys required,cant understand why shower wasnt enclosed as water went everywhere but was still a good shower.Hotel didn;t have a bar which was a letdown but my biggest gripe was that when we arrived (11 15 am ) we were told we would have to pay another £10 per room if we wanted to check in before 2 o"clock.Now considering the first race during autumn / winter is 12 45 pm we had no option but to pay this rip off fee.Considering our rooms were already available this was a blatant rip off and started us off on a sour note.Hotel is fine and cheap for anyone who has business in the area but if I was managing this hotel I would advertise it towards racegoers because it is only a couple of minutes from the racecourse and would also introduce a bar as their is plenty of nice seating in foyer.

Room Tip: Our room 228 backed onto fields and was very quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank manonspot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Polish first
READING
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Handy location for motorway, general access to surrounding towns/cities. Decent value. Some rooms do pick up some motorway noise, though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had a KGB deal and what a bargain. I was a little concerned when we arrived as its a big service station area, but I needn't have worried, the hotel was lovely with WiFi LCD TV and wonderful walk in shower. The room was modern and clean and we were told if we wanted to buy ready meals or wine etc. from the shops next door, we could use the microwave and glasses in reception and make use of the nice seating areas to eat or drink. Breakfasts were buffet style without hot food but it was plentiful and filling. Wetherby was only a couple of miles down the road and we were also close to Harrogate and Leeds.
I couldn't fault the place, we had a lovely stay in a lovely hotel with great staff.

Room Tip: We were away from reception on the top floor at the back, there was no traffic noise but the wifi wa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I had the worst night's sleep ever in my life in this hotel. Sound proofing is shocking! I asked for top floor room having read reviews on this site, I didn't get one, got 1st floor. I had a room with an adjoining door, when I retired to bed after a long drive I could hear every word of next door's conversation, and their tv. This disturbed my kids sleep too. But they could obviously hear us too, as a couple of 'don't worry kids, I'm sure they'll turn it down soon so that you can sleep' said loudly they got the message. Until about 2am when I was awoken with the sound of someone coughing his lungs up through the adjoining door! Again woke everyone up. Unfortunately, emphysema man didn't have any trouble getting back to sleep, and proceeded to snore his head off for the next couple of hours. I eventually got back to sleep, only to be awoken by the sound of giggling and conversation from the other side of the room! By this time I was getting a little cheesed off, and tried to ignore it, but when the people above us started tap dancing on the floor I gave up!

When I checked out I was offered 10 per cent off my bill, totalling a fiver! That's how much value days inn hold on a good night's sleep. I got it up to a tenner! Big deal! Apparently I should have asked to be moved in the middle of the night! Oh and I had not got a top floor room because they were full! So how I could have moved rooms in the middle of the night I do not know! Had I not paid in advance I would have refused to pay a penny. Unfortunately they don't do the same guarantee as premier inn, good night's sleep or money back, it would bankrupt them!

Oh and one more thing- my son found a half eaten bag of salt and vinegar walkers crisps under the bed, a mouldy half eaten biscuit and a half a cup of coffee under the bed. Cleaners are clearly not much cop either.

A truly awful experience!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Timetotravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetherby
Mercure Wetherby
Hazlewood Castle & Spa
Hazlewood Castle & Spa
#1 of 1 in Hazlewood
Premier Inn Harrogate South Hotel

Been to Days Inn Wetherby? Share your experiences!