“Great steak”

Mews Fine Ale & Food
Ranked #18 of 73 Restaurants in Wetherby
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

They have a great steak night here. Bar has an old pub feel - very welcoming, and the restaurant is nice too. Staff are friendly. Great pie menu if you are hungry.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Excellent meal, with great helpful service at a very reasonable price (under £50 for 3 courses and drinks). Didn't expect to find such a nice place to eat in Wetherby.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I visited Muse for the second time with friends for an evening meal and catch up. Although my main course was okay- burger and chips, the two desserts ordered were far from okay. The dessert chosen by one of the party was clearly past its best- the fruit had definitely 'turned'- even the waitress seemed aware of this when she put it on the table. In fairness, she did take the dish away and said we would not be charged for it!! My dessert- 'chocolate brownie'- was certainly chocolate- but a chocolate brownie it definitely wasn't, just a pleasant chocolate sponge. Such a shame- we regularly meet up and are looking for a suitable eating place in Wetherby. Not sure we will return to Muse a third time. Incidentally- we were for most of the early part of the evening, the only diners there, so it wasn't due to being busy. Really sorry.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I booked a meal for 2 at The Muse in Wetherby the other Saturday and had a fantastic experience! The staff were friendly and nothing was too much hassle. The pub is beautiful old stone building with a sunny beer garden, cosy pub area and clean, stylish restaurant.
The menu has just changed and has some wonderful new dishes including a chicken mozzarella dish which my partner had and loved. I chose from the specials board which I am told is changed every day and had a lamb burger which was juicy and delicious! I was told that all the food is home cooked and they even make their own BBQ sauce and chutneys!

I thoroughly recommend The Muse and will be eating here again!

Try it, you'll love it!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went along to the Black Sheep themed meal evening and had a great selection of "Baa" food complemented with Black Sheep cask and bottles ales. Brewer talked us through the history and each beer. Quiz after meal was also entertaining. Staff service was good and the kitchen did well to serve all 30 of us at once. Well done to all who organised the event.