“A missed opportunity?”

Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Hastings
“A missed opportunity?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

We went to the Lazy Lizard for lunch last year mostly based on the fact that it's a great name! I warmed to the place more on finding that they did fish finger butties!! But even better I ended up having the tastiest burger I have ever had - really spicy and truly delicious - far outweighing the fact that service was very slow. We went back for the first time since last week at about 6pm looking forward to more of the same - only to find that they stop doing food at 4pm!!! This might have made sense if they were packed with drinkers but it was totally empty - as it was an hour and a half later!! This seems to be seriously daft to me. Sadly it's very unusual for us to have a big lunch so I might never get to suss out if the burgers really are as yummy as I remember them to be!!!

Visited June 2012

Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent Latte..........”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

I don't like my Latte too Strong, a word with the waitress who made every effort to produce it to my liking.
Delicious Cakes!

Visited June 2012
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Laid back and relaxed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

Excellent, well priced bar snacks and relaxed atrmosphere. Live music in the evening and upstairs bars when it gets busy

• Visited March 2012
Dorset
“Slightly jaded seafront surfer dude bar and music venue”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

The Lazy Lizard has always reminded me of a bar I used to frequent to Brussels called the Monkey Business, which was rather bohemian and scruffy but always had an amazing atmosphere, good music, great TV screens showing surfing/skiing antics and most of all great tex mex food. I have only been in there by day as at night it reverts to its main young nightspot role but it does offer some interesting reasonably priced food and drinks right by the beach and is perfect to sit outside on a sunny day. It offers some homemade dishs like the Chilli, Lasagne and Cottage pie plus tex mex, jackets and paninis. I find the £1 credit charge for using plastic irritating but its worth a try if you want to get into a more youthful culture than majority of the beach front cafes! The toilets also remind me of the typically Belgium Monkey Business - pretty rank!

• Visited December 2011