“One of the Best Fillet Steaks Ever”
Review of Vaughan's

Vaughan's
Ranked #58 of 291 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had the pleasure to find this on a weekend away with my wife at the end of August 2013.
It looked a litle pricey from the outside as we looked at the menu but decided to give it a go. We did not make a reservation.
On entering we were met by 2 or 3 staff that were very friendly and helpful, we asked for a table for 2 and they said there was room, before we show you to your table we operate a system where we take a card for payment 1st, i thought this was odd but went with the flow. They kept hold of my card and gave us a plastic type of key, apparently this was because people run off quite often, I asked was the food that bad.
Anyway, the starter i had was the Scallops and they were AMAZING, followed by the LARGE FILLET STEAK, there were 2 sizes to choose from, when it came out it was like a cow on my plate and cooked to perfection, juicy, hot and very tasty. My wife had the Rib Eye which was perfect for her, the chips weren't that great if i'm honest but i didnt have much room for them after eating my steak.
The service and food were top notch and i couldn't have asked for a more perfect meal.
Highly recommend.

ritaroos, Owner at Vaughan's, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for your review, I'm glad you were not put off by the card safe system, we have personally been to a number of farms to source only the best meat in the area and I am glad you enjoyed it. Think we may need to look at the chips situation, thanks for the heads up.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Four adults and one child on Saturday night ,very well looked after , good lot to choose from all meals cooked and presented perfectly ,waiting staff well presented and very polite ,would be sure to visit again

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our last night in Weymouth and we came across Vaughan's. What a find, although it was busy we were found a table and seated. Our drinks order was taken and we were told no more food orders would be taken for 15mins, which was fine as the menu was so tempting no of us could make our minds up. Although we had to wait a while for our food once ordered we understood that everything was cooked to order fresh, and I can honestly say it was worth the wait. If you are in a hurry then this is not the place for you, but if you appretiate good quality food cooked to perfection then make a night of it, and savour every last second. The Honeycombe cheesecake was to die for and if you want to share the recipe for it, I would be a very happy lady. Thank You Vaughan's for a wonderful end to our holiday.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Vaughans is a busy restaurant and deservedly so! The food was of superb quality - and the portion sizes were very generous, and the presentation was excellent. The staff were efficient and friendly and the atmosphere in the restaurant was very relaxed.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just visited based on reputation but was sorely disappointed. We were seated quickly but after 20 minutes we had to ask for some service. Mains were fine. Eventually we were asked if we'd like desserts - but gave up when the staff seemed more concerned with cleaning the vacant tables next to us with strong disinfectant than serving us - so we left. When we left there was no tip - we voiced our disappointment but the manager was not interested. Some feeble excuses were made about clients turning up at the same time and overburdening the staff with service demands. This restaurant may perform better on much quieter days - ie a third full - but otherwise the young team may benefit from some basic management and leadership.

2  Thank Daiverse